Military Recruiters...

well my boss called me back today and somewhat apologized, which means he's allowing me to run my business the way I do it. But, he moved an applicant that I was working to another recruiter who isn't doing so good in the interest of fairness since my office has more visibility. This means I loose a body for next month, which is no big deal since I have plenty anyway. He goes on vacation for three weeks soon and that will give me time to reflect on what has happened and what I need to do to make it through the next year and a half. I'm doing my best to keep it honest to help people...

BTW: speaking of keeping up with what's "hip"...I park my busa outside the office under an "Air Force Parking Only" sign...it really attracts the kids. Unfortunately, I have to drive a light blue Dodge Status to official events...such a puss car! lol...

(razorshark @ Jul. 25 2007,13:34) well my boss called me back today and somewhat apologized, which means he's allowing me to run my business the way I do it. But, he moved an applicant that I was working to another recruiter who isn't doing so good in the interest of fairness since my office has more visibility. This means I loose a body for next month, which is no big deal since I have plenty anyway. He goes on vacation for three weeks soon and that will give me time to reflect on what has happened and what I need to do to make it through the next year and a half. I'm doing my best to keep it honest to help people...

BTW: speaking of keeping up with what's "hip"...I park my busa outside the office under an "Air Force Parking Only" sign...it really attracts the kids. Unfortunately, I have to drive a light blue Dodge Status to official events...such a puss car! lol...
Promise all the kids they will get a Busa, after they get out of BT. The kids will hate you for lying, but we will all support you when you tell us stories about it.
laugh.gif

Its been a while since this thread came to life. I'm just celebrating today for succesfully surviving (Marine) recruiting duty in the beautiful state of New Jersey :moon: Anyways, if I can help my forum members with any recruiting questions feel free, and I will tell you the "real" run down and hope to give you my best insight.
This probably pertains to your children,nephews and friends. Most of you guys are age disqualified just by Hayabusa rider's statistics by the way.:laugh:

I am glad that I had a good recruiter. He got me threw the whole enlistment process and sat down with me to make sure I knew what I wanted my MOS to be. I told him I really liked helicopters and would like to learn to fly them. He got me 67 Tango, which was a black hawk mechanic and would be able to petition to get into OCS school. None of this happened due to the fact that I blew my right knee out for a second time and was given a medical discharge.

My recruiter was a complete d-bag.

He put me into meps as PFC, and that's the only good thing he did for me.

I got a perfect score on my ASVAB and he talked me into going infantry.
Other than that there were a lot of broken promises and outright lies.

On the bright side a few years ago he got caught with a few of the female recruits, demoted a pay grade and divorced. :beerchug:

my recruiter failed to put in my college credits 3 years worth should have been E3, so i came in as an E1 luckily i came in a spec ops devision and got promoted straight out of bootcamp E2, did not tell me about college loan re-embursement, or any other benifits... lies lies all lies is all i have to say.... but i have made a decent comeback im up for e5 in under 3 years.... and i cant complain about thing since i have been in once i figure out the truth and learned the real system of how things work...

Recruiters have if not the most difficult job in service....because without them...theyd be no service...i did 2.5 yrs of recruiting ...in the usmc .....i feel your pain....

Easy answer for you Razor...

These recruits could end up being in charge of your son or daughter some day. You don't want an idiot, a thief, a slacker, or an addict leading them into harms way, do you?

Your wife will respect you for sticking to who you are versus bending to the will of anyone else if it's morally wrong to do so. You're in the military, yes. They recruited you for who YOU are. Continue being you. Period.

:beerchug:

Hint:

Dont be like the recruiters in my area, they were all skeezy lying dirt bags, who cared nothing about who they were recruiting or how they got them to sign up, only that they got them TO sign up...

They would call me numerous times a day, and the final straw was when they actually showed up on my front step of my personal residence...

I told them all (not sure how many total times anymore) "no, not interested", but they wouldnt stop calling me or leave me alone...

I just started *****ing them out on the phone until they stopped calling...When they showed up on my front door, i threatened to call the police on them and gave them the 10 count...

Because of them, i have absolutly ZERO respect for recruiters, i dont trust any of them as far as i could throw em, and IMHO they would lie their butt off to get someone to sign up....

no offense sharky, just my experience with them...

so my suggestion, be honest... tell the truth, the good the bad the ugly... its all you need to do... they'll sign up if the military is right for them...

I never joined. I took the asvab and did very well. High enough for any job the air force offered (per recruiter) This was 2001 prior to 9/11. I had a list of 5 jobs that I wanted. I thought that was reasonable. The first recruiter I had lied to me all the time. About stuiped stuff, as if I was an idiot. the second recruiter was really cool and seemed honest but was very forceful about me not being guaranteed one of the five jobs. She said join, go through basic, and then we can almost 100% get you one of those five jobs. I was very serious about joining but I knew she was full of it. If i did join and get thru basic I figured my job would be completly out of my, and her, control. I didn't join and things have worked out very well for me. Although I do think about ocs sometimes. I will have my bacc. degree soon and I have about 4 years in healthcare doing ct and x ray. I do not know it that alone could get me straight into ocs, probably not. Anyway I wish you the best and I think times are tuff for everyone right now. My uncle was a recruiter now he is the one that travels and makes sure all the other recruiters are doing what they are supposed to be doing. he is a civilian now and he loves it

Hint:

Dont be like the recruiters in my area, they were all skeezy lying dirt bags, who cared nothing about who they were recruiting or how they got them to sign up, only that they got them TO sign up...

They would call me numerous times a day, and the final straw was when they actually showed up on my front step of my personal residence...

I told them all (not sure how many total times anymore) "no, not interested", but they wouldnt stop calling me or leave me alone...

I just started *****ing them out on the phone until they stopped calling...When they showed up on my front door, i threatened to call the police on them and gave them the 10 count...

Because of them, i have absolutly ZERO respect for recruiters, i dont trust any of them as far as i could throw em, and IMHO they would lie their butt off to get someone to sign up....

no offense sharky, just my experience with them...

so my suggestion, be honest... tell the truth, the good the bad the ugly... its all you need to do... they'll sign up if the military is right for them...

The label "recruiter" already carries a stigma on its own. There's a few out there that makes us look bad. You will just never hear the good things that recruiters have done, that's why the reputation of recruiters will always stay the same. Now is a good time for recruiting coz for the most part the economy is not going to get any better for at least 4 maybe 6 years. The military is not a cake walk by no means, but it has helped me become a better person and appreciate the country that we all live in. Not to mention I retire at the age of 37.

Back