Military Guys

SKECHE

Registered
:1zhelp: need help, i'm working on a project and i need two M169 shell cartridge casings...(USED, NOT LIVE ROUNDS)....can someone help me out!

Mmm 40mm. Gimme a minute I'll go out in the yard and kill a few tree stumps.
How many you need? :laugh:

we have a Marine from Camp Lejeune who works in the Armory...hope he chimes in soon.

THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP..........BOOM (x4) One of my favorite "toys" always a blast to shoot

Urban%20Armory%20-%20Mk%2019%20grenade-launcher.JPG

I'm not ammo supply or I would. You would need to find someone with ammunition supply or someone that shoots them on the regular. Sportcustoms71 is an armorer but I don't think he has access to ammo like that

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Would they not police those cases pretty well?
Doesn't seem like something one can just pocket?

Google sucks as far as these go :)

Would they not police those cases pretty well?
Doesn't seem like something one can just pocket?

Google sucks as far as these go :)

They are usually recycled or sent to DRMO. They are policed somewhat depending on the people in charge of the ordinance with just varies with the kind of person in charge. It is still hard to get ahold of unless you someone who gets to fire them off often which is not me :down:. My little POGly self only gets to see my rifle once a month when I clean it and fire it once a year.

It is sold as scrap metal.

Yes I realize that.

0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation

But I'm referring to and curious about when they actually use them. Like Russel said. It's fun to shoot.
Ok so when he and his buds are done is each and every spent case policed up and counted or is it all just shoveled up and a few could be missing?

Once whatever and however many get to the bins I know they are sold as scrap, but read the requirements needed to purchase it as such.

It's hard to be a good shot Russell if you only pull it out once a year....???

I was the Master Gunner for my unit for 4yrs. Once the ammo has been fired the empty casing are easy to get a hold to. The casing and links are collected after a range sweep and turned into a ASP(Ammo Supply Point),they are then weighed at the ASP and documented for turn in. So yes a few could be missing and nobody would notice. There's a percentage rule that's allowed. The ammo crate that the green metal cans come in are used to collect the dunnage and turned in. The weight of the empty wooden crate is then seperated from the total weight. I'm not sure what the crate weighed because it wasn't my job to turn it in, just to shoot it. You might want to find someone in the military that's ground pounder (infantry,MP or combat engineer etc) they might be able to help but those guys are micro managed when i comes to ammo but it's worth a try. I'm in Army aviation and all i get to shoot is 7.62x39 out of a mini gun.... yeah I know sounds boring don't it. :laugh:

I have some 40mm not used tho, don't known how i could send you some tho post office don't really care for live ammo lol

Moved an E-4 out of Ft. Hood a couple of years ago. Crazy bastard had 4 LIVE 25mm Bushmaster rounds. Obviously, couldn't pack and move them for him. Ended up taking them to a local national guard armory for disposal. Kept asking me where I got them. "Never mind". "Just want to make sure they are disposed of properly". "Where'd you get them?" "Never mind, just brought them where I thought was appropriate for disposal.". "Wait here...."

Needless to say, I left, and the rounds stayed right on his desk....
Didn't hang around to find out what the result of the "wait here" was going to be...lol. Actually told me when I first went in that I should have taken them to the local Sheriff's dept.

It's hard to be a good shot Russell if you only pull it out once a year....???

Call of duty keeps my skills up :rofl:

I am a pretty good shot. I dont even know If I will be able to shoot this year. Shot high expert 3 years in a row so they would rather send people that dont shoot as well. Im trying to get on a coaches course though to get pistol qualified

Yeah Russ I was thinking COD as well. Too bad this isn't a game of it because there'd be tons of empty shells laying around for Skeche. :)

Give the org a day or so we will overcome.

Yes I realize that.

0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation

But I'm referring to and curious about when they actually use them. Like Russel said. It's fun to shoot.
Ok so when he and his buds are done is each and every spent case policed up and counted or is it all just shoveled up and a few could be missing?

Once whatever and however many get to the bins I know they are sold as scrap, but read the requirements needed to purchase it as such.

The guys that shot them have to account for every round. The Ammo troops who process the spent cartrigages MIGHT have the ability to take a few. A worker at the DRMO yard MIGHT have the ability to take a few also.

Hummm, I was an AMMO troop while on active duty and worked in the DRMO yard for a few years as a civilian. All I ever saw was .223, .762 and 20mm. I guess after working with the stuff everyday I didn't have a desire to look at it at home.

By the way, most of the people who buy this stuff could care less how cool it is, they melt it down so they cry over every gram.

yea, i tried this: 0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation...and they wont sell me just 2, i have to buy the whole lot, which is 19000 lbs....i've been striking out all day:banghead:...it has to be 2" (50mm ID).

Back