Miles per tire?

HTF do you get 8k on a set of tires when they are attached to a 500+ lb bike with 180hp?
The stock stones are soft and a good tire, but my ST1300 goes thru more tires than that and it only has 114 hp at the rear wheel.

Seems that some people need to leave the city more and vist some curvy roads and long straight aways. Are we sure these tires are not attached to a Harley?

he he the 883 transplant.....

HTF do you get 8k on a set of tires when they are attached to a 500+ lb bike with 180hp?
The stock stones are soft and a good tire, but my ST1300 goes thru more tires than that and it only has 114 hp at the rear wheel.

Seems that some people need to leave the city more and vist some curvy roads and long straight aways. Are we sure these tires are not attached to a Harley?
I don't live in the city, i live in the country and i don't gun the throttle im easy around curves, I speed once in awile, fastest i went was about 120. I have only been riding for 1 year. My first bike was a 2007 zzr-600 kawasaki, my 2nd a 2008 hayabusa.
Heck, i dont know why you guys dont get as much milage on your tires as I do, I just ride normal and not that aggressively.

I don't live in the city, i live in the country and i don't gun the throttle im easy around curves, I speed once in awile, fastest i went was about 120. I have only been riding for 1 year. My first bike was a 2007 zzr-600 kawasaki, my 2nd a 2008 hayabusa.
Heck, i dont know why you guys dont get as much milage on your tires as I do, I just ride normal and not that aggressively.

I know the type. Kudos to you and your tires and grats on buying a race car for driving to church :) j/k

God Bless the squids.

Thanks for being honest about your riding style :thumbsup: Unfortunately your style is not "normal" for busa riders...its more normal for cruisers or small commuter bikes. Nothing wrong with that style at all, its just that most busa riders buy the bike for its big power, acceleration and handling...and use those features alot..so they go through tires quicker :laugh:

I got 9,xxx out of mine, it is possible. I rarely speed, I used as daily commuter. Did not do smoke shows, just rode my bike. 10,xxx on front but is shot.

Thanks for being honest about your riding style :thumbsup: Unfortunately your style is not "normal" for busa riders...its more normal for cruisers or small commuter bikes. Nothing wrong with that style at all, its just that most busa riders buy the bike for its big power, acceleration and handling...and use those features alot..so they go through tires quicker :laugh:

2wheels is correct,

Seriously though, Congrats. We all have different styles and i am glad for that.

I know the type. Kudos to you and your tires and grats on buying a race car for driving to church :) j/k

God Bless the squids.

LoL, what's your definition of a squid?
My definition of a squid is one that in 90 degree heat looks like he is ready to go down hill skiing in the winter time.

If your calling me a squid for not racing, using my cellphone or texting when riding then your the squid, lol.

You must be a young kid.

I bought my 2008 busa mostly for quality and craftsmanship.

God Bless the squids.
Im sure some day you will own a hayabusa of your own, I just hope you make all the right decisions when riding it.

I have changed my Bridgestones BT 015 ZR 17 after 8000km (5000 miles). I think I am driving fast, but I am not a racer. (no burn outs.....)

Duke

OK Billy, time for some ball busting... You just said:

"I don't live in the city, i live in the country and i don't gun the throttle im easy around curves, I speed once in awile, fastest i went was about 120. I have only been riding for 1 year. My first bike was a 2007 zzr-600 kawasaki, my 2nd a 2008 hayabusa.
Heck, i dont know why you guys dont get as much milage on your tires as I do, I just ride normal and not that aggressively. "

but not only a page back you said:

"I was at the flood run, we should of met up some where.
Some guy at the bar got stung by a bee and had a allergic reaction and was having trouble breathing, it took forever for the ambulance to arrive because of all the bikers.
There must have been thousands of bikers.
I wish i would have remembered my clear glasses when i left for the flood run cuz I had to ride home in the dark with my shades on, i dident get home until 11:00. I probably put over 200 miles on my bike today.
I got my bike up to 150 on hwy 61, not much wind today.
I had a good time, I diddent want the day to end."

So my friend, which is it? :lol:

OK Billy, time for some ball busting... You just said:

"I don't live in the city, i live in the country and i don't gun the throttle im easy around curves, I speed once in awile, fastest i went was about 120. I have only been riding for 1 year. My first bike was a 2007 zzr-600 kawasaki, my 2nd a 2008 hayabusa.
Heck, i dont know why you guys dont get as much milage on your tires as I do, I just ride normal and not that aggressively. "

but not only a page back you said:

"I was at the flood run, we should of met up some where.
Some guy at the bar got stung by a bee and had a allergic reaction and was having trouble breathing, it took forever for the ambulance to arrive because of all the bikers.
There must have been thousands of bikers.
I wish i would have remembered my clear glasses when i left for the flood run cuz I had to ride home in the dark with my shades on, i dident get home until 11:00. I probably put over 200 miles on my bike today.
I got my bike up to 150 on hwy 61, not much wind today.
I had a good time, I diddent want the day to end."

So my friend, which is it? :lol:
120-150, who the hell cares, i don't keep track. I might have had it up to 189mph. All I know is when I crank the throttle going down hwy 61, i see a bunch of stars and lights and then i end up here, back in this forum, weird. How did i get here, strange.
I must have traveled thru some kind of worm hole with the speed i was traveling.

LoL, what's your definition of a squid?
My definition of a squid is one that in 90 degree heat looks like he is ready to go down hill skiing in the winter time.

If your calling me a squid for not racing, using my cellphone or texting when riding then your the squid, lol.

You must be a young kid.

I bought my 2008 busa mostly for quality and craftsmanship.

a squid is a person that bought thier bike for show, look at me I bought a busa and I ride in a straight line real well. I bet you wear that short sleeve shirt and flip-flops, and look cool in your shades when you tool past the Sonic and burp the throttle. I am also willing to bet that the chicken strips on those tires are at least 1 inch wide. And you consider popping 120 or 160 doing something that day, I am also willing to bet that that you brag to a few friends on how fast you can go and take the curves. Like I said, I know the type.
I have these types want to ride with my friends and I all the time. and you know what happens? In the last year, 6 of the squids, have ended up in the ditches because they don't have the basic skills to be on a bike to begin with.

You are as young as you feel, but I will tell you, that I am in my 40's. I don't race, do burn-outs or stunts, but I do ride my bike to the limits in the curves and I have seen the speed limiter more times than I can count.
I own several bikes and have been riding bikes since my first bike at age 7.

I don't know where you live, but I live in SC, near the mountains and every chance I get, you will find me rolling thru NC, TN, and GA.

P1000028.jpg

Last edited:
a squid is a person that bought thier bike for show, look at me I bought a busa and I ride in a straight line real well. I bet you wear that short sleeve shirt and flip-flops, and look cool in your shades when you tool past the Sonic and burp the throttle. I am also willing to bet that the chicken strips on those tires are at least 1 inch wide. And you consider popping 120 or 160 doing something that day, I am also willing to bet that that you brag to a few friends on how fast you can go and take the curves. Like I said, I know the type.
I have these types want to ride with my friends and I all the time. and you know what happens? In the last year, 6 of the squids, have ended up in the ditches because they don't have the basic skills to be on a bike to begin with.

You are as young as you feel, but I will tell you, that I am in my 40's. I don't race, do burn-outs or stunts, but I do ride my bike to the limits in the curves and I have seen the speed limiter more times than I can count.
I own several bikes and have been riding bikes since my first bike at age 7.

I don't know where you live, but I live in SC, near the mountains and every chance I get, you will find me rolling thru NC, TN, and GA.
Is that your daddy in that picture.

Back