Miles per tire?

When I bought my 07 it had 2400 miles on her and the rear tire was almost bald, Hate to even think what the previous owner was doing ( Burn outs Im sure ) Ohhhhhhh should I ever sell this bike ( not likely for a while ) and one of you are looking at her, Disregard this thread, She was babied her whole life, Never taken over 80,

000_1549.jpg

Didnt see you at the Flood run... Was another 08 Busa RIder there = Shawn. He had 3500 miles on the bike and tire was more than 1/2 tread.....???

Didnt see you at the Flood run... Was another 08 Busa RIder there = Shawn. He had 3500 miles on the bike and tire was more than 1/2 tread.....???
I was at the flood run, we should of met up some where.
Some guy at the bar got stung by a bee and had a allergic reaction and was having trouble breathing, it took forever for the ambulance to arrive because of all the bikers.
There must have been thousands of bikers.
I wish i would have remembered my clear glasses when i left for the flood run cuz I had to ride home in the dark with my shades on, i dident get home until 11:00. I probably put over 200 miles on my bike today.
I got my bike up to 150 on hwy 61, not much wind today.
I had a good time, I diddent want the day to end.

I was at the flood run, we should of met up some where.
Some guy at the bar got stung by a bee and had a allergic reaction and was having trouble breathing, it took forever for the ambulance to arrive because of all the bikers.
There must have been thousands of bikers.
I wish i would have remembered my clear glasses when i left for the flood run cuz I had to ride home in the dark with my shades on, i dident get home until 11:00. I probably put over 200 miles on my bike today.
I got my bike up to 150 on hwy 61, not much wind today.
I had a good time, I diddent want the day to end.
Those things sound great,dont they?:thumbsup:

Its so much different then before, I did not get slip ons I got the full system. I really like the sound its deep. Sounds right.

strips/planks/ ?? coups? how do you keep the tires looking like that? we need to go for a ride..

lol, i was thinking the same thing :)

I use all of my tires, and my stock stones barely lasted 2600 miles and the sides where turned blue from the heat. The pilot powers are looking good and handle a lot better.

WTG on getting 8k out of a set of tires. I couldn't do that. And I don't doing any stunts or burnouts either.

I wonder if with some of the mods you guys do, it makes it harder on the tires like extending the swing arm and such.

Looking at your tire pictures, there is no way that tire has 8,000 miles on it. Something is amiss here. The only way that tire has 8,000 miles on it is if you pushed the bike for 8,000 miles and never started the engine. Hope you didn't buy the bike used and the guy told you everything was orginal......???

Looking at your tire pictures, there is no way that tire has 8,000 miles on it. Something is amiss here. The only way that tire has 8,000 miles on it is if you pushed the bike for 8,000 miles and never started the engine. Hope you didn't buy the bike used and the guy told you everything was orginal......???

I have over 8000 miles on the original stock tires, 8296 to be exact.

The tire doesnt show any abrasion whatsover. I could understand the chicken strips but even the center of it looks smooth! My Avons look like I took a rasp to them. Just an observation but this doesn't look like a bike that gets ridden very hard.
Ya think?? j/k :laugh: Its obvious either he's BSing us for fun....or he NEVER EVER EVER twists the throttle....EVER. And there's no way you go 8k miles on Bridgestone SPORT tires....and still even have the brand new nubs on the sides. Those disappear within the first few times you lean the bike ANY. A ninja 250 ridden easy goes through rubber faster than that :laugh: Basically Billies having fun with us :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually my busa has 8246 miles on it.
Just curious...why do you still have your temp plate on your bike with over 8200+ miles on it? Aren't those only good for a month or 2?

Last edited:
I have around 7600 miles with stock tire. The back will need to be changed in the next month or so. Its not impossible but like someone said before, to still have those little "feelers" on the outside? ???

Ya think?? j/k :laugh: Its obvious either he's BSing us for fun....or he NEVER EVER EVER twists the throttle....EVER. And there's no way you go 8k miles on Bridgestone SPORT tires....and still even have the brand new nubs on the sides. Those disappear within the first few times you lean the bike ANY. A ninja 250 ridden easy goes through rubber faster than that :laugh: Basically Billies having fun with us :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just curious...why do you still have your temp plate on your bike with over 8200+ miles on it? Aren't those only good for a month or 2?

Temp plate? what do ya mean?
Im 44 , and i don't b.s

Do ya really think i care if ya believe me or not? Its what I know.

I just went out and looked at my tires that have about 3900 miles on them, and the wear bars are close to the top, front and back. Damn. They look OK if you just glance at them.

I'm thinking Michelin replacements. I think there are two flavors. One that is low mileage and really sticky and one that is a bit higher in mileage but gives up a bit of handling.

Can someone tell me which one is the really sticky one. I don't care about mileage. My bus is my favorite toy, and toys just cost money.

i have 6600 miles on my stock and they still have plenty of tread i have never seen stock tires get this many miles when i replace i will go with the same tire

Don't forget age. After two years they are no longer 200 mph rated. Tires have a shelf life.

HTF do you get 8k on a set of tires when they are attached to a 500+ lb bike with 180hp?
The stock stones are soft and a good tire, but my ST1300 goes thru more tires than that and it only has 114 hp at the rear wheel.

Seems that some people need to leave the city more and vist some curvy roads and long straight aways. Are we sure these tires are not attached to a Harley?

Back