Mike's gone...

Always sad to hear of someone losing their life whether it be motorcycle or other. Just touches a special spot in the heart when it's someone you've come to get aquainted with. Didn't know him personally, but we get a sense of knowing from anyone who dwells on this board. May God's grace and many blessings be with him and his family during this troubled time. My prayers are with them...
sad.gif

Lord be with Mike, through this tough time of pain and suffering
sad.gif
for his Family & Friends may The Lord give them tranquility & peace. Sad to hear, really sad to hear. Ladies & gents, Let's be extrmemelly carefull out there. God be with us all.

My concern is that there have been MANY other .org members die out there. But there was no one to report back too us, family didn't know of board involvement etc....

Specifically I wonder about...

Odyssey
CanIdream?

Just to name a couple that were younger... I have a feeling that Mike isn't the first, just the first confirmed with a report....
sad.gif

My concern is that there have been MANY other .org members die out there. But there was no one to report back too us, family didn't know of board involvement etc....

Specifically I wonder about...

Odyssey
CanIdream?

Just to name a couple that were younger... I have a feeling that Mike isn't the first, just the first confirmed with a report....
sad.gif
Ya know, I keep meanin' to give my little sister my log-in info for that very reason. That way if somethin' were to happen the few who give a shid wouldn't just wonder why I disappeared from the board.

Kinda morbid to even think of such a thing, but I think it really makes sense.
rock.gif

Actually I will pin this in the accident/crash forum in a few days...

This is really terrible. Please be careful out there you guys. Prepare for a ride like you're going into war.
I found his picture in his profile, I hope its not a bad idea to do so, please edit if you feel necessary. The unusual thing about this photo is that its in London in front of the Japanese noodle house called "Wagamama". I was just telling my gf last night that when we're in London next week we are going to Wagamama. Its shocking to see this picture. RIP in a better place, Mike.:(

RIP Mike. That is so sad. My sincerest condolences to his family. If any of the local riders are thinking of doing something for his family please let me know. I live in San Mateo during the week.

Very sad, my condolences to the family and friends. As for the Memorial for fallen Hayabusa.org members, I think it would be approiate for their families to say yea or nay. I wouldn't do it without their families approval.

RIP brother. Very sad to hear news like this especially over the Holidays. I would like to send a card to his family if we get their address. Chris

Here is the address on his site.

Michael Chukov
MikesHardware.com
1675 Rollins Road
Suite B2
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)548-1010

I spoke to a fellow rider who'd read about the accident in the local paper. Apparently Mike hit the side of a flatbed truck. I'm well familiar with the area as I used to work on Rollins Rd. There are several warehouses there and trucks constantly pulling in and out of the driveways with wreckless abandon. I've had close calls there, sometimes self-imposed.

I spoke to a fellow rider who'd read about the accident in the local paper.  Apparently Mike hit the side of a flatbed truck.  I'm well familiar with the area as I used to work on Rollins Rd.  There are several warehouses there and trucks constantly pulling in and out of the driveways with wreckless abandon.  I've had close calls there, sometimes self-imposed.
I also know this road well. Its very congested/busy. I deliver medical supplies to the AMR ambulance facility on Rollins road. When I was making a delivery there last week on of the guys there who knows I ride told me of a motorcycle fatality that some of his medics responded to. I have seen the marks on the road, makes me sad to know that a fellow rider was lost at that spot.

Please ride safe guys/girls and RIP Mike.

RIP Mike. This strike home for me because I just had a wreck a few months ago, I an 6 years younger than Mike I own a small computer repair/counsulting company as well, and my wife and I are seriously considering moving to Cali. Strikes VERY close to home.

Back