Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT's

I'll be curious to see if you think they are "sticky enough" for spirited riding. Kevin had them on the pumpkin and you know how hard he rides....I am about to swap out some burned up 003RS Bridgestones for a set of track take off Q2s that still have some life on them.

No. I often get hated on for saying this. If the road is your personal race track don't fit Roads. I also read up a lot on the PR2 and fitted a set on my busa. I was disappointed with the grip. After 1000 miles I swapped the front to a Pilot. Now after another 1500km I am going to "downgrade" to a Power front and a Pilot rear. For "spirited" riding a PR2 rear will work with a Power or a Pure up front.

I had my Pilot Road 2ct's put on before I left the dealership. I can't stand bridgestone tires. I love the Pilot roads. after 6k miles it still has loads of tread left. :thumbsup:

Guys, I've been riding PR 2CT's for a couple years now. I'm on my second set and roughly 3500 miles on those. I do the california freeway commute totaling 75 miles a day.

When brand new the 2CT are a dream. At current millage over 120mph (very infrequently done but nevertheless...) there is a vibration, slight, quick (around 25-30 Hz.). I look at the front and see early signs of cupping. See the pic, dust from the floor shows surface contact versus a "void". Thoughts. Again, when brand new a first couple thousand miles - super smooth. I'm thinking (after two sets the same) this is just a natural wear pattern.

101_0485.jpg

I am going to "downgrade" to a Power front and a Pilot rear. For "spirited" riding a PR2 rear will work with a Power or a Pure up front.
I think I will do this next change too. I have pures front and rear right now and they're great tyres, but my days of hanging off in the corners are long gone, so I just don't need that much grip on the rear, but I still want as much as I can on the tyre that does most of the braking!

Guys, I've been riding PR 2CT's for a couple years now. I'm on my second set and roughly 3500 miles on those. I do the california freeway commute totaling 75 miles a day.

When brand new the 2CT are a dream. At current millage over 120mph (very infrequently done but nevertheless...) there is a vibration, slight, quick (around 25-30 Hz.). I look at the front and see early signs of cupping. See the pic, dust from the floor shows surface contact versus a "void". Thoughts. Again, when brand new a first couple thousand miles - super smooth. I'm thinking (after two sets the same) this is just a natural wear pattern.

Check your suspension settings...also air pressure...something is off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Getting ready to put my third set of PR2s on and have had no issues. Have got as little as 6500 miles and as much as 10000 out of a set. The set with 10 g was wore slick and wore smooth and still was balanced good.
Posted via Mobile Device

just binned my B15's after 2,800 miles with rear squared off, using PR2's again front and rear, on my gen 1 used to get repeated 8,000 miles+ from rear, and that includes a fair amount of cornering and fast action as i'm from UK.

Ride feels slightly harsher, but i can live with that as i average 15k miles a year , soft tires would 'break the bank'.

Back