Michelin pilot powers

bigdr

Chief Guinness Taster
Donating Member
Registered
Been reading so many great reviews about these but have you an opinion of them in the wet ..

If you go to michelins website and compare the "spiderweb charts" the Pilot Powers actually score 5 stars in wet weather handling vs the Pilot Sports 4 Stars...they also claim that the Powers use a race compound rubber that stays soft and still yeilds high traction performance even when the tire is considerably worn....basically?...it appears to be a "Pilot Race" compound with just a touch more sipping/tread area.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Get some 014s Dr, these are excellent in the rain.

BTW the 014s come stock on the Gixxer K5, 1000RR and the 15K BMW K1200S.

That's also what came on my 636... They don't seem half bad so far really.
wink.gif
I don't ride in rain so I can't speak on their wet performance though...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120405704 -->

Don't do it bigdr. Fight the power. Go with the M1's from Metzeler. They are great in the rain.

OK , BV time for some explaining...014 lost me .. start at the begining.. are there different pilots , Jinks is talkin about sports , I'm lost here

Bridgestone BT014 (Ultra High Performance Sport) (made in Japan)

Features
3D C.T.D.M. (Comprehensive Tire Design Method) is advanced tire design technology that enables dynamic, three-dimensional simulations of tire performance to find optimum desing at all lean angles
BT014 front features new kevlar cross-belt construction for light handling, improved feedback & stability
BT014 rear features cap/base compound with new bead construction and steel mono-spiral belt technology to offer high speed stability and superior handling
BT014 utilizes a new silica compound formulated with technology from MotoGP tire development for outstanding grip in all conditions
Comprehensive tire design method allows the tire to maintain contact pressure at all lean angles to improve handling and cornering performance
Innovative tread design to improve traction, shock absorption, wet performance and noise reduction
NEW Ultra high performance radial designed for the aggressive street rider

BV I don't believe you . I think you made that all up
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ta , that explains things nicely..

biggrin.gif

Tires seem to be such an issue like briefs vs. boxers... whatever u like buy it. I rode about 100 miles in the rain on powers and I had less slip than any onther tire I have had rain or shine.

Former tires :
Bridgestone BT 56's
BT 010's
Pirelli Diablo
Dunlop D208

Powers are my current fav and I plan to buy another rear after laguna. I have about 3 K on the set and they are holdin up well, I burned thru the Pirelli's in about 1800 miles.

Another for the powers .. I had pirellis HB and they didn't inspire confidence in the rain but MAN were they hot in the dry

The BT014 is a good choice, but Michelin is the one that has been the dominant tire in Moto GP and the leader in rain tire technology.

For the record I'm runnin' Pirelli Corsa's.

Well, if you're taking votes and counting who would get what I'll say Powers. I don't hate the BT014's but I still like Powers a LOT. When the stock 014's are gone I'm pretty sure I'll get Powers for the 6.
wink.gif

I can vouch for the 14's pulling throttle wheelies in the rain! They will also stick well enough to do clutch wheelies in the rain but you have to be a bit gentle or they will slip.

Wet pavement is the best way to learn to do burnouts! Easy on the tires as well.

Back