Michelin pilot powers

IF you don't buy the powers, you will be amiss...

They have better traction in the rain than any other street tire Ive owned...
And in the dry...

Ive owned..

Dunlop D207s
Dunlop D208s
Metzeler Sportec MIs
Bridgestone BT-14s
Bridgeston BT56s
Michelin pilot sport HPXs
Michelin pilot race H2s.
Oh and the pilot POWERS!

Bigdr, I PROMISE you will not be disappointed. If you go with another tire you will be missing out bro, I KNOW this from experience.
(this is all provided that you like aggressive twisty riding like I do. If you are a straightline guy, their might be something better i dunno)

I would choose Pilot Powers over the Bridgestone BT014's
wink.gif
blah blah blah  
drooling3.gif
BV, why are you saying this?

I got a dollar that says you never wore a set of powers out...
or you would be singing a different tune.

Please let me know if I am wrong, that you have ridden both and prefer the bridgestones.

I only know 1 person who likes the 14s over the powers, and he don't like french companies OR pointy tires... That would be the guy that posted before me, btw. hehe

Tuff for the 14s

Fever for the powers. Nice description..

I vote for the M-1's. I just put 800 miles on a set, wet and dry riding, last weekend and they only slipped 1 time due to sand. Rest of the time they were perfect and they are just getting broke in. I think I can get 3500 miles out of them at least.

Whaddaya mean I vote for blah blah blah...Only the adults get to vote here... Now put on your 'emlo' suit and go play with the kids. OK Einstein..
biggrin.gif

Keep in mind folks...I just took a brand new BT014 rear off my Busa that I myself was very pleased with..till it died (w/ less than 600 miles) via catastrophic road hazard by way of a 16Penny Nail/Spike driven into the deepest part of the tread sideways and just replaced it with "DA POWERS" and...I went from "very pleased" too "EXTREMELY HAPPY".

The BT014's are damn good tires....but the Powers are better....much better.
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif

Based on what i have read I would definately go with the M1s over the PPs anways.

I MAY try some M1s after a few 014 rears...it kind of depends on how many miles I get out of these.

Basically I am pretty sure the 014s are the longest lasting of these three agressive sport tires and I am already down
in the center on my 014s about 25%-30% and only have 700 miles on them. I dont do any burn outs but I do
alot of hard roll ons....I though Id grow out of this but have not yet! dammit!!

I would not mind having a stickier side but do not want to give up center wear life any more than I already am.

I hear that there are some new dual compound tires coming out in the future, hopefully someone will bring something
else to the table for us Busa owners.

Ideally id like to get 4K per rear tire....and thats to the wear bars, not past them and pamering it for XXX miles.

No way id go to a harder tire in exchange for less side traction...i'll pay the price for softer tires.

You paint a lovely picture , bet the kids have nightmares .. I do.... NOW...
tounge.gif

laugh.gif
My plan is to keep voting and eventually Bigdr will have to buy the M1's :laugh And I would vote fot the M1's BTW just in case you were all wondering
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120445456 -->

Let me ask you this, if nobody else supports your tire does that mean your yourself need to not use a tire you like?

I almost bought into this thread but I realized that this is the nature of tire threads. They often become some sort of pissing match.

There are other M1 riders here on the board.....I probably will never try the Powers at this point just so that I can swim against the stream. Not something everyone likes to do but it works for me.
wink.gif

I don't know if I can get the time to do it, but if I can I will be there. I think Jbusa was thinking of trying to make it as well and you guys may even hit up idgunnut. They both tried to come with us to Lolo but couldn't make it due to work. I really think I will make it again a little later in the season so if I don't make it this time maybe you can meet up with us then.

Based on what i have read I would definately go with the M1s over the PPs anways.

I MAY try some M1s after a few 014 rears...it kind of depends on how many miles I get out of these.

Basically I am pretty sure the 014s are the longest lasting of these three agressive sport tires and I am already down
in the center on my 014s about 25%-30% and only have 700 miles on them.   I dont do any burn outs but I do
alot of hard roll ons....I though Id grow out of this but have not yet! dammit!!

I would not mind having a stickier side but do not want to give up center wear life any more than I already am.

I hear that there are some new dual compound tires coming out in the future, hopefully someone will bring something
else to the table for us Busa owners.

Ideally id like to get 4K per rear tire....and thats to the wear bars, not past them and pamering it for XXX miles.

No way id go to a harder tire in exchange for less side traction...i'll pay the price for softer tires.
BV...what you hafta remember (regarding wear) is just what Vman posted about "Slippage"....the theory being...

On heavy big bore/huge torque bikes like the Busa the primary tire wear doesn't occur due to "Miles Rolled"...it occurs during hard roll-ons (at the initiation of each and every gear) and harsh decels such as high levels of "engine braking" (at the initiation of each and every gear) and/or any heavily applied decel braking at all as...this is where your tires are struggling to maintain traction...moving and/or stopping all that weight with ALL that TORQUE!
biggrin.gif
And with each harsh accel/decel small amounts of rubber from the harder compound tires are left behind...from "Slippage" and...

This is where the harder compound tires actually wear faster and the softer race compounds begin to shine...both milage AND performance wise.....such as the Powers have..a true race compound originally formulated for Moto GP racing..which experience far less "Slippage" when stressed to the traction limits while under harsh accel/decel.

At least that's the way it was explained to me...along with the fact that nothing will get you in trouble faster than mounting hard tires on high performance sportbikes.

Taken straight from michelins website regarding the "Pilot Powers"....

"The softest rubber mix of any comparable tyre

Phenomenal grip; quickly reaches optimum temperature
Maximum lean angle in the dry: 50.6°
Rubber mix remains soft even at lower temperatures, providing excellent grip throughout your ride.

You don't have to be world champion to get your hands on Michelin MotoGP tyre technology. The Pilot Power uses a rubber mix that was originally developed for MotoGP racing, yielding minimal warm-up time and excellent feedback at the limit. This amazing tyre has achieved a maximum lean angle of more than 50 degrees on dry pavement and a remarkable 41.9 degrees in the wet.

L8R, Bill.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the wealth of information, I did not know that.

But what about a tire like the Avon touring tires that guys are getting 10K + miles out of? They are
hard as hell and give up traction.

Back