Message to Wife in Bootcamp

Remind her they are only sand fleas nothing more. Those dam foot print I will never forget & that was 26 Years ago

SSgt USMC Retired

Boot camp is tough, but soon it will be over, and the feeling you will have when you put on that uniform to go home on leave will make all the hard work worth it. Good luck from a former Navy Sea Bee!:thumbsup:

Good luck, hang tough and it will be over be for you know it. :beerchug:

Thank you for your sacrafice and your family's sacrafice. :bowdown:

If not for the volunteers the service wouldn't be voluntary,thank you.

I want to thank you for your exercise of citizenship and expressing that responsibility in service to our great country. I have mixed feelings about our government but never about those perserving my freedom through the armed services. God Speed, Marine!

I suspect about now you are wondering, "what the hell did I get myself into? The Drill Instructors yell at me all the time, it's hot, I am running my tail off at 3 AM doing PT carrying my rifle in the sand pit and NOBODY CARES"...did I get it about right?

Ok, just to keep things in perspective:

1. If it were easy, it would be nothing to be proud of.
2. It's a game, a mental game, to see if you can handle stress. Roll with it.
3. Never volunteer for anything ('nametag defilade'); just like in 'Forrest Gump' when the Drill Sergeant asks: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army? Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, Drill Sergeant!
4. You are about to find out more about yourself in the next 10 weeks than you've found out in the last 10 years. You may not like it now, but you'll remember the experience for a lifetime.
5. When they tell you that you are now a Marine, and no matter what you do the rest of your life, you'll always be a Marine, they aren't kidding.
6. Semper Fi!

Play the game and stay Frosty.

Thank you for your service. It is through the sacrifices of you and those who came before you that we are able to enjoy the freedoms we exercise daily. We are behind you 100 per cent!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you for your service! Thank you to your family for supporting you in your decision and allowing for the sacrifice you are all making!

It's a special few that take the challenge of becoming a Marine. Even fewer are those without a Y chromosome who accept that challenge. Remain trainable but carry that pride with you every day.

Enjoy your new vocabulary :)

Stay clear of the pogybait, top off your waterbull, live from field day to field day, remain squared away, remember you're always good to go, keep your go fasters clean and your skivvies cleaner, stand and sleep in the POA, getting bent is good for you, and above all else wake up highly motivated each & every morning.

Semper Fi (soon to be) Devil Dog - We're already proud of you!

Hi! This is Leigh's Mom. Thank you for the support you've shown here for our daughter in Boot Camp. We miss her so much, but we know she's OK there. Keven has printed the postings and we've got them in the mail to her.

So umm yeah.... she called today and she made it through the crucible. She is also getting Meritorious PFC.

im soooo gonna have my hands full.....

Congrats to her. Where does she go for her follow on training?

Thank you. My thoughts are with you.

Yes, boot camp is hard physical work. The rest is just a head game. Don't let it become personal. The DS has no idea who you are. It's their jobs to break people down, then try to build confidence in them. Think like a leader, and act like a soldier. You will be fine.

Thank you. My thoughts are with you.

Yes, boot camp is hard physical work. The rest is just a head game. Don't let it become personal. The DS has no idea who you are. It's their jobs to break people down, then try to build confidence in them. Think like a leader, and act like a soldier. You will be fine.

She graduates USMC bootcamp Friday.:whistle::laugh:

hang in there, you'll make it. running like hell and shooting off
guns. its fun!

The hard part is over. Which is just getting use to all the hurry up and wait. Atleast that was the hard part for me. Just keep ur head up and remember that we all are proud of you.

SEMPER FI

Thank you for your service!! Be safe, have fun and enjoy life to help you get through and please come home soon. Your busa friends:cheerleader::thumbsup:

Back