Mega Powder-coating!

Looks good...
bowdown.gif

I need to get my tail in gear and get mine sent to Vic... or start cutting up trees from the ice storm.... decisions.......
Rick , it takes 15 minutes to dismount them.... You don`t have to clean them, you know... I`m using chemicals and sandblasting anyway...
OKAayyyyy I'll get them going to you.... That way next week I can ask "are they done yet?"
whistling.gif
They will be back before you know it...
smile.gif
2 business day at max.

Now all ya need to do is get rid of the gay ass mufflers, hee hee

Good Job Bro..;)
Thanks.....

Yeah, the gay-ass bazooka canisters will have to do for a while, thanks to cashflow issues... playing Santa for 7 children during Xmas time will do that to a man...
sadnews.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
What would it cost to get all that done. Thats exactly what I have been wanting to do[/quote]

Sounds like a question for Vic....
winkold.gif

That`s your tread, I`m sorry if it looks like I`m trying to steer some business my way. I`m not, no really.
beerchug.gif

Looks very nice, your buddy mixed up a good match batch and the results speak for themselves. Prep is the key of course and that fell on you, good job.

I've had a few PM's asking what the specific powder is, since it appears to match the frame quite well. I don't normally care for Harbor Freight items, but that's where he got this particular powder.

It is Harbor Freight p/n 93306-2VGA, and is simply called "Matte Black". Link to the powder

93306.gif

Just a follow-up comparo shot of the bike on Day One, and after the powder-coated hardware was re-installed:

Day One (mid-November, 2007):

Day1.jpg

Xmas Eve, 2007

Reassembled.jpg

The astute K8 enthusiast will see a grunch of mods, some cosmetic, some not.....

- hump swapped for grab rail/pillion seat.
- double-bubble tinted Suzuki windscreen
- free OEM hardware Fender Eliminator
- Galfer rotors
- powder-coated footpeg brackets (including the 3 big gnarley socket-head bolts) and muffler hangar bracket
- powder-coated brake lever
- Suzuki Gel Seat w/ Hayabusa stitching
- Michelin Pilot Powers

Mods you can't really make out in the photos:

- Spiegler SS brake lines
- Footpeg Lowering brackets w/ Oberon racing footpegs
- Pazzo Brake lever
- Custom Top Gun Bar End Weights... 22-oz each

Mods you can't see at all:

- Spiegler SS clutch line
- Galfer HH pads
- Happy Devil windscreen ornament

War!
The more I look at the coating job, the more I think that's the way they should have come from the factory! That looks absolutely perfect with the fastest color.

banghead.gif
Alright, alright now SOMEBODY speak up and put a price on this getting done, I'm getting the same color as Warchild and I don't want that gay ass color on my stuff, come on guys help the rest of us out!

Lycan, I'd recommend contacting Vic, he's done quite a bit and has everything ready to knock-out a simply job like this easily. I used to, but pretty much laid myself off from coating the last few months.

War, I used that same powder on a friends GSXR 1k and 600, and CBR's 1k and 600, very good match indeed. You can get a little closer to perfect with a pinch or two of wrinkle matte from other vendors, but its only to the discriminating eye.

Id like to powder coat my rims the same color as my red tank on the 06 Busa

pm if this is possible and ill yank the tires off the rims and send them to you

just let me know the price

Back