Powder Coating Prices ?

Uaintlobusa

Registered
I want to get a few things powder coated black to match the frame and would like some help to know about what you guys paid to get this done. I found a place neer me, but I dont want to get ripped off.
I want to do
L & R stock rearsets, w/Buell pegs,
shifter arm, brake arm,
L & R rear peg mounts

How much do you think is a reasonable price to have that done?

Thanks

I would call around and talk directly to the powder coaters, if you deal with dealers they will jack up the price, trust me I almost found out the hard way.

The place I found is a powder coating shop, I haven't gone there yet, I want to take the parts off and bring them in with me to get a price.
I just want to try to get a general idea of what other are paying to have this done so I know before I go.
I dont like walking into a place blind, and having them throw me a price, and me not knowing if it reasonable, a good deal. or a complete rip off.

The place I found is a powder coating shop, I haven't gone there yet, I want to take the parts off and bring them in with me to get a price.
I just want to try to get a general idea of what other are paying to have this done so I know before I go.
I dont like walking into a place blind, and having them throw me a price, and me not knowing if it reasonable, a good deal. or a complete rip off.

I paid $100 bucks for pegs, levers and risers, which I think is to much once I found out how much they charge the dealers:banghead:.

John, call Armour Tech (in pompano I think). The owners name is Phil and he is not the cheapest but does the best job I have seen. Spend the extra money on him and get it done right. WTF when we going for a ride?

You could alays buy the powdercoat stuff and do it yourself, then maybe you have a side job for beer money.

for quality work.., anything around or under $100.00 would be reasonable I think. I paid 90.00 to have the same parts done along with some exhaust hanger straps and mounting hardware.

I've paid a little over $75 as of right now, and I'll have to send you pics of all that I've had done. Rearsets with Buell pegs, rear passenger sets and pegs, brake lever, shift lever, heat tempered powdercoated my Brocks Alien Head muffler (which was the ONLY chrome piece I had on the bike) and my brake and clutch handlebar levers. But then again, this is a friend of mine who is doing it on the side out of his home, and I have helped him out. Its not that difficult. But they all look great!

John, call Armour Tech (in pompano I think). The owners name is Phil and he is not the cheapest but does the best job I have seen. Spend the extra money on him and get it done right. WTF when we going for a ride?

Thanks Dave,

I just looked that place up, I'll go by there tomarow on my way home from work.

i powdercoat small stuff, just started a few months ago, still tinkering with it. the only problem im having right now is matching the matte finish perfectly. its hard it either goes too glossy or too flat, need to perfect the mix for the bike frame. if i get it right i'd do it pretty cheap.

Depends on color of paint in stock or if they have to order it. Also depends on if they are shooting other parts the same color. That gives you a better price break.

I powder coat out of my House. Ive done 9 Busa's so far and countless other bikes and cars. The rear sets take some time because I have to press out the rubber mounts and take apart the shifter and Brake pedals, Degrease, scrub, soak in a gallon of acetone, Bake at 450 for a half hour, clean again, wire , spray, reassemble, and reinstall. If you had to do it, It would take you non stop, a day.

Alot of people want me to do it and tell me things like ( Ill by the powder and you spray um) like thats a deal for me! I respond with (Ill by the paint so you can paint my house )
Anyone who would do your rear sets alone for 60$ is either doing a non quality rush job or is doing you a major favor. It cost me about twenty five in supplies, electric. and Time.
How much do you make in one day at work? And what if you break the rear set pressing the rubbers out or something unforseen occurs? :beerchug:

exh mod 005.jpg

Back