196 Hp

This is the second thread in two days that had hp in the 190's
We have had quite a few Gen II's on the dyno with various pipes. If you do the math from OEM crank HP to some of the posted dyno numbers. Its impossible with the best pipe and tune in the world to make more power than the crank power with a projected 20% power loss for driveline drag on the motor (crank power is all the motor can make).

Impossible to make more with STOCK internals. So getting 178-185 even with the driveline power loss is respectable. Again dyno numbers are just that numbers. MPH in the 1/4 shows power and seat of the pants shows if the tune works.

MPH in the 1/4 shows power and seat of the pants shows if the tune works.
This is why we have tons of people being referred to us by people who have had their bikes dyno tuned by us.
I am not reffering you or your company just dyno numbers in general and the math. If you start with lets say 200 HP at the crank, then minus 13% for drive train loss.

If you use 13% loss as the average. That number is about a RWHP loss of 26 HP from the 200 which equals 174 ball park about what a stock Gen II makes on average. Then you add a really good aftermarket pipe, high flow filter and a rock solid custom map, done by hand or tuning link either way 13.0 is still 13.0.

Lets say the power package nets 10-12 HP over stock power at the rear wheel which a good set-up should. Add 10 HP to 174 leaves a ball park of 184 HP at the rear wheel. We have seen consistant numbers in the 180-182-184 range depending on choice of pipe over stock.

Now reduce the drag on the drive train with zero weight oil, oil windage tray, light weight wheels (BST) and add a non-oring drag chain and light sprockets things get much better. Just some food for thought.

So we went from 20% drive train loss, to 13% drive train loss now? Anyways, there really is no set number unless you have an engine dyno and are able to dyno the SAME engine you chassis dynoed. I do agree that there is a certain amount of power loss from crank to rear wheel.

You really can't compare them exactly. Engines are all broke in differently, hell straight from the factory engines aren't even assembled exactly the same from one to the other. It's possible that someone pressed the cam sprockets on that bike a little off than what they do from factory. It's possible that the ring gap might have been a little different. I could go on and on about things that can be set differently in setting up a motor that makes more power but I'm not. Not EVERY 08 Hayabusa engine from the factory is going to make the stated crank HP.

This all really doesn't matter too much anyways as all we really care about is if the customer is happy with their dyno tune and our services which it's pretty evident we have quite a few that are very happy customers.

So we went from 20% drive train loss, to 13% drive train loss now? Anyways, there really is no set number unless you have an engine dyno and are able to dyno the SAME engine you chassis dynoed. I do agree that there is a certain amount of power loss from crank to rear wheel.

You really can't compare them exactly. Engines are all broke in differently, hell straight from the factory engines aren't even assembled exactly the same from one to the other. It's possible that someone pressed the cam sprockets on that bike a little off than what they do from factory. It's possible that the ring gap might have been a little different. I could go on and on about things that can be set differently in setting up a motor that makes more power but I'm not. Not EVERY 08 Hayabusa engine from the factory is going to make the stated crank HP.

This all really doesn't matter too much anyways as all we really care about is if the customer is happy with their dyno tune and our services which it's pretty evident we have quite a few that are very happy customers.
Again, not sure why you are being so defensive I am just talking theory not exact science. I just know there is no way, no how to get 25-30 HP out of a pipe and tune. That is my only point and I think people should already know that.

I used 13% as an example and according the the Factory Pro Dynos the 20-28% may be more accurate, who knows for sure. When my 2006 Hayabusa was dynoed at at local shop and it pulled 172 HP. I actually thought I had a miracle Busa. My 2006 ZX-14 pulled 194 HP on the same dyno and I assumed again I got the miracle 14. The same bikes pulled 161.5 and 178 on my dyno. My point is numbers are just that numbers. Now when I have unexplained numbers based on like bikes its just that, unexplainable.
thumb_up.gif

Again, not sure why you are being so defensive I am just talking theory not exact science. I just know there is no way, no how to get 25-30 HP out of a pipe and tune. That is my only point and I think people should already know that.

I used 13% as an example and according the the Factory Pro Dynos the 20-28% may be more accurate, who knows for sure. When my 2006 Hayabusa was dynoed at at local shop and it pulled 172 HP. I actually thought I had a miracle Busa. My 2006 ZX-14 pulled 194 HP on the same dyno and I assumed again I got the miracle 14. The same bikes pulled 161.5 and 178 on my dyno. My point is numbers are just that numbers. Now when I have unexplained numbers based on like bikes its just that, unexplainable.  
thumb_up.gif
Not getting defensive at all, just stating facts of possibilities you have to think about as well. From what you are saying basically every bike is the same from the factory and makes the same crank hp. 25 - 30 HP is obviously not possible to gain with just a pipe/filter and tune. We never dynoed the bike stock so we have nothing to compare it to. I've talked to multiple other dyno tuners around the US and have talked to others that have come up with similar #'s as well. These are well respected tuners as well. I do understand that this particular dyno was higher than normal.

Also dyno numbers are dyno numbers. It's just a tuning device. I've seen bikes making less peak power beat up on bikes making more peak power. Dyno tuning has a lot to do with how a bike performs.

We have had quite a few Gen II's on the dyno with various pipes. If you do the math from OEM crank HP to some of the posted dyno numbers. Its impossible with the best pipe and tune in the world to make more power than the crank power with a projected 20% power loss for driveline drag on the motor (crank power is all the motor can make).

Impossible to make more with STOCK internals. So getting 178-185 even with the driveline power loss is respectable. Again dyno numbers are just that numbers. MPH in the 1/4 shows power and seat of the pants shows if the tune works.
Can you calculate how much HP I have if I went 151 in the 1/4 weighing 230 suited? Is there a calculation for that?

thumb_up.gif
Not getting defensive at all, just stating facts of possibilities you have to think about as well. From what you are saying basically every bike is the same from the factory and makes the same crank hp. 25 - 30 HP is obviously not possible to gain with just a pipe/filter and tune. We never dynoed the bike stock so we have nothing to compare it to. I've talked to multiple other dyno tuners around the US and have talked to others that have come up with similar #'s as well. These are well respected tuners as well. I do understand that this particular dyno was higher than normal.

Also dyno numbers are dyno numbers. It's just a tuning device. I've seen bikes making less peak power beat up on bikes making more peak power. Dyno tuning has a lot to do with how a bike performs.
The only 4-2-1-2 system we have seen is the Ti-Force and I agree numbers are just that numbers. I applaud the guys who are keeping real.
thumb_up.gif

Integrity before dishonor.
clap.gif

thumb_up.gif

Can you calculate how much HP I have if I went 151 in the 1/4 weighing 230 suited? Is there a calculation for that?
HP = (trap speed / 234)^3 * race weight

HP = (151 / 234)^3 * 730

HP = 196

Of course, this is just an approximation.

HP = (trap speed / 234)^3 * race weight

HP = (151 / 234)^3 * 730

HP = 196

Of course, this is just an approximation.
Well that's pretty darn close as my bike made 196.4 on the dyno!

i hear both sides, yet not sure for the defensiveness either. but the numbers dont matter as far as i am concerned because i have bikes tuned to get the air to fuel ratios correct NOT for a dyno number. a dyno is a tool, a scale if you will to show an improvement from before to after.

The only 4-2-1-2 system we have seen is the Ti-Force and I agree numbers are just that numbers. I applaud the guys who are keeping real.  

Integrity before dishonor
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Keep 'em honest greg! way to go guys, looks like youre BOTH looking out for the members
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
BTW Greg I have to come see you in Fredrock, I have a project for you...

beerchug.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Well put.

Obviously you were going for the blacked out look, but those cans are fugly...looks like you used a flat black primer. Why not at least use a semi-gloss to better match the rest of the bike?

Back