Am I in over my head...possible sale of The Black Bastid,Turbo Busa

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I am second guessing my 5th Busa purchase.Now that it has developed a small issue(big issue for me,no shop of my own anymore to maintain and repair,funds shortage etc) no qualified techs around these parts,blah blah blah,:banghead:
Should I sell my pride and joy,The Black Bastid?

Here it is:
2010 Turbo Hayabusa with only 3000 miles Black with red kanji
Motor:
Ultra Turbo Kit 550 HP
HD valve springs
Stainless steel valves
Crower rods
Woessner pistons
1/2 head bolts
upgraded crank main bearings
" con rod bearings
HD output shaft
Race cut gears
Old style shift forks
2 stage lock up clutch
Billet clutch basket
Billet clutch inner hub
Billet qwik access clutch cover
Ceramic coated dump pipes
Black anodized airbox
Ceramic coated compressor housing and charge tubes
AMS 1000
huge air filter
Flashed factory ECU for higher rev limit and disable limiters
Head spacer

MSD digital shift light
Boost gauge

Other goodies:

FXA-1003 Air suspension
330 OSD 2-4 over swing arm (Roaring Toyz) powder coated black
RC Comp. Stocker wheel (powder coated black)
Avon 330 tire ,lots of life left
Chain guard for OSD powder coated black
Black anodized billet convex mirrors
Hustler Black anodized billet/rubber grips
Roaring Toys plate/tag side mount, black anodized with L.E.D. light
black frame plug set
Air ride black anodized Air FX/micro switch (lowers fender to within 1 inch of tire)
Black Pazzo levers
Hot Bodies tinted tail and signal lens
Zero Gravity tinted black double bubble
Spike bolts on all the body work and front fender,oil plug
Custom drag seat with red kanji
Stainless brake lines,HH pads

ETC

The black Bastid is in near mint shape. It has an issue with a sensor...see other thread.

Well guys,what do you think its worth if it goes up for sale?

Thanks,

Rubb.

If you're considering selling it because you're not enjoying it any more, that's cool, but don't sell it out of frustration. If it was running right would you still want it gone? You likely won't get anything near what you've got in it if you do decide to sell, so be prepared to take a loss.

As usual Mr B you are correct. Life in general is a frustration for me right now,including The Black Bastid.With the loss of my shop(bike lift,tools galore,welders,5 tool boxes,compressors,17 air tools,etc) I have never had to rely on anybody to help me with repairs/maintenance.Now I dont even have a place to work on it.My buddy owns a bike shop but he has limited time and space.I guess I will just have to impose upon him.

What do you think its worth Mr B ?

RSD.

With how much work you have invested into it, it would be sad to let it go. You will get a lot of lowball offers I'm sure. :(

There really isn’t a market per say for a tricked out turbo Busa Rubb.....

Add to the fact your in Canada gonna make it even more difficult if interested parties are in US

I could see someone offering 15k and I could also see someone trying to lowball you at 10k. Could you get 20k??? Sure if you happened to come across the right buyer at the right time.

Probably better off looking for someone that has something you want and is willing to trade straight up or cash added to deal if necessary

While I can understand the premise for selling off your turbo Busa, you will find you will never be able to replace it to the level it currently sits. Nor will you recoup what you have in it.

You've been through the wringer of late, maybe take a bit more time to re-evaluate what it is you want before jumping the gun and selling your bike. I'm sure the fix isn't that serious then you can get a little therapy by riding (I know that works for me).

I'd imagine you would not be happy with a stock Busa after riding that bike, even though the maintenance of a stock Busa is nothing compared to your bike.

My $0.02 of course...

Back