busa arrived - pics

ekz

Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys - got her home, went for a ride and took some pics. Greg at HPC - who did an amazing job - has posted build pics but this is the finished product. Only thing I did not get installed Saturday was the throttlemeister. I recapped all the mods below. Put an easy 300 miles on this past weekend and looking forward to more aggressive canyon riding this weekend. Used to own a zx14 - brocks smeg, forged alum wheels, custom map, ohlins, etc. and thought I would give some initial impressions. Busa seems to handle better - more to come on this, shifts much smoother and power delivery is also smoother. No choppiness at all on Busa. Braking is superb but since I did significant upgrades, hard to compare to the very good brakes on the zx14. Looks of course are subjective, needless to say, Busa wins here. With my mods to the bars and pegs - did the same ones to the zx14, ergonomics are very comparable. Both bikes are wicked fast, IMO the edge goes to the better rider.
performance
pipercross street filter,short stack air box mod, ss brake and clutch lines, brembo billet radial master cylinders - brake and clutch, galfer hh pads, galfer wave rotors, Ti-force 4-2-1 Titanium 380mm system jet hot coated flat black, axxion Ak20 Street & Track forks, penske triple clicker rear shock, galespeed type R wheels with pilot road 2's, custom HPC map with PC3, +2 rear sprocket and EKZZZ chain, GPR V4 damper.
appearance
black metallic paint and custom decals, fender eliminator, dark smoke screen, rizoma mirrors, rizoma reservoirs, vortex gas cap, powder coated pass pegs,
ergonomics
helibars, vortex rearsets
other
passport 950i, ZR3 jammer, gorilla alarm, yellow box, stompgrips

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0136-1.jpg

Wow that's very hot! It looks like it belongs to some sort of special forces team or death squad! :thumbsup:

Beyond Awesome! :bowdown:

So... just to reiterate: your Busa has Heli-Bars, and the Brembo radial master cylinders (both brake and clutch), correct?

If so.... the Question We All Want Answered is:

1) Upon full lock left, the Brembo brake lever does NOT touch the dash cowling, yes?

2) Upon full lock right, the Brembo clutch lever does NOT touch the dash cowling, yes?

Hope you have a positive response here....:please:

Beyond Awesome! :bowdown:

So... just to reiterate: your Busa has Heli-Bars, and the Brembo radial master cylinders (both brake and clutch), correct?

If so.... the Question We All Want Answered is:

1) Upon full lock left, the Brembo brake lever does NOT touch the dash cowling, yes?

2) Upon full lock right, the Brembo clutch lever does NOT touch the dash cowling, yes?

Hope you have a positive response here....:please:

Warchild - thx, and it does not touch left or right full lock

that thing is so f"in clean and there has been a lot of work done on that thing

Nice Bike

Do you have a website to get those rizoma mirrors?
What model are they and do they require adapters?
Since they stick out a ways are the clear or fuzzy when you are rolling at speed?

117491d1224083164-busa-arrived-pics-img_0136-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back