Me oh my...........couldn't wait for 08!

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Picked up a new GSXR-1000K7 two days ago. This month’s Ultimate Literbike comparo in Sport Rider was all I could stand, had to pull the trigger and get me one. I’ve been thinking about this for a month now, searched the internet for all the info I could find, which included finding an approximate dealer cost figure and the list of VINs effected by a recall notice for replacing a faulty generator rotor. Walked in to the local dealer and said, it’s too bad you guys don’t have a orange/black K7 in the crate (I buy new every two years, and only from the crate). “Ahhhh, Jim? We just got one inâ€, said the owner. “Ok then, let me look at the VIN. I have a list here of recalls…..â€, says I. Uh oh, it wasn’t on the recall list. OK then, I am willing to only pay $$$$$$ OTD! He sits down and starts banging away on his calculator and I’m thinking, no way is he gonna go for this. I darn near fell off my chair when he countered with only $50 more than I offered! Took me all of 5 seconds to say SOLD! They have an older and very experienced set-up man out back that remembered me from the busa when it was new. I stuffed a little $$$ in his shirt pocket and told him, as usual, take your time and don’t even wash it! 6 hours later I was ear-to-ear in the saddle and on the way home.
I now have 150 miles on her and my initial ride impression, compared to my beloved busa is as follows.
Light, Light......dayum this thing is a light weight, even though it’s supposed to be about 17 pounds heavier than last year’s K6 version. I’m taking it easy for now, I mostly adhere to the Owner's Manual recommended break-in procedures. Anyway, took her up the truck route to Virginia City (it’s like a mini Deal’s Gap, lots of twisties with virtually no traffic for 7 plus miles of fun!) With new slippery tires I took it easy, of course, but man oh man, talk about effortless cornering maneuverability! Whew! And I am amazed at the butter smooth transmission, hardly any effort at all to shift. Hehe – never shifted into 7th gear once either! (Gotta love that gear indicator). I intend to dump the oil/filter at 200 and then again at 600 miles, at which time I’ll do the 600 mile service. Which, BTW, does not void your warranty as long as you keep receipts, etc..
I have met a lot of great riding buddies through this site and intend to keep in touch. Hell, who knows, if I’m still above ground in two years (ha- me be 63), I might go back to the new, at that time, busa! Oh, forgot to mention, the seat isn’t as plush as the busa, naturally, but I’m not lying here, I find the overall ride to be very comfortable, almost busa like (I’m 6-2, 170#). This year’s gixxer even comes with two additional optional foot peg positions, for you extra tall guys!
Here’s a pic of my new addition to the garage, after hours of cleaning and detailing and waxing! Do I need a bike like this? Absolutely NOT. Do I want a bike like this? OH YEAH! Will I be able to experience the full potential of this beast? Absolutely NOT, not even close, but who cares? Not me! Yippee!
If you know of anyone looking for a great deal on a 05 pristine busa:

Later guys and gals!

Jim

100_2050__Large_.JPG

why does it look like a hondazuki?
rock.gif

JK
laugh.gif

congrats...sharp bike...i also saw a REPSOL model Honda RR while out today..i dig the repsol grahix...besides..."House".....rides one!
biggrin.gif

Dude I am gonna tell you right now....I HATE YOU but I love that Gixxer.
super.gif
I saw one just like it a couple of weeks ago and have been infatuated ever since. Congrats on the bike and I don't really hate you I just really dislike you! Be safe and have fun!

I go back and forth about picking one of those up, but haven't yet. Nice bike!

Looks great, don't Chritiansen it
laugh.gif
4 into 1 right
rock.gif

Enjoy and be safe. What did you pay
rock.gif

rock.gif

a friend of mine has had one for 2 months now...and his wife still doesn't know about it.
he says he tosses a blanket over it and parks it behind the harley dresser, goldwing, busa and the vet.....what she can't get to won't hurt him.

makes me ill......
all_coholic.gif

love the colors though!
beerchug.gif

i love the bike!!! orange and black is my favorite color scheme for the gixxer 1k's
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 10 2007,18:09) Looks great, don't Chritiansen it  
laugh.gif
 4 into 1 right
rock.gif

Enjoy and be safe. What did you pay
rock.gif
OTD was $10,958.35, not too shabby for this area!
smile.gif

rock.gif

jump9.gif
you couldent wait! awsome man! i was just at ice house yesterday on my 1000
race.gif
i love that color to your right about the twisties, your gonna have some fun on that baby
muscle.gif

Back