McCulloch HID's

Zoinks!

Registered
Ok, I know this is my second post on HID's in about a week, but I'm about to get some and if I'm gonna be spending this much on headlight, I want to make sure it's the right thing. I've heard both good and bad things about McCulloch HID's, and I'm fully aware that there are going to be good and bad experiences with ANY product. However, this is what I'm asking. Of the members here that have purchased a McCulloch kit, (any bulb size/color temp) how long have you had it and how has it performed? Have you had any failures, or other issues with it or has it been just as good as they claim it is on the website?

It will be one of the best mods you will do. And from a safety stand point, it's a must. I had a 6k and it turned night into day, looked like I had a spot light on the front of my bike. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

I've had no issues with mine, and I've since passed it on to a friend who has had no issues.

The only downside is you have to do some splicing of the wires and even though they draw less juice I did upgrade to a 14v battery, but other than that no issues at all.

Lets see.... Almost four years and countless miles, I'd say Yes as good as your reading.
The only issue was due to my bike not killing the headlight when the bike starts, had to add a switch!
Flawless otherwise and yes one of the best mods money can buy.

Lets see.... Almost four years and countless miles, I'd say Yes as good as your reading.
The only issue was due to my bike not killing the headlight when the bike starts, had to add a switch!
Yea, I figured the light staying powered while starting would be an issue. Did you use a toggle switch? From what I understand, it comes without a connector so you have to splice the wire for the headlight to power it. Did you just wire the switch into this splice so it doesn't get the power till you flip the switch?

They are worth the expense...brighter / wider light pattern.

Look at the pinned post on how to mount in elec section, that is the way to go, as far as location to mount the balast / ignitor parts.

I think I am going to break down and order the same thing. What bulb sizes are needed? What kit are you getting? I Am thinking of going with a 6k for high and low, do I buy the MC 6000K Bi-Xenon Motorcycle HID Kit?

Mine was bought in Aug 2005. It already had a cut out switch and I use it every once in a while to reset it. I like the delay relay some have installed, but I haven't done it.

I think I'm getting ready to buy a set for my truck.... and it will likely be a McCulloch Kit from Xenon King.

I think I am going to break down and order the same thing.  What bulb sizes are needed?  What kit are you getting?  I Am thinking of going with a 6k for high and low, do I buy the MC 6000K Bi-Xenon Motorcycle HID Kit?
No, don't get the bi-xenon. Those have the high and low in the same bulb. If you want both high and low then you need one H7 kit and one 9005 kit. I'm getting the 5000k H7 motorcycle kit. I'm not doing the high beam. From what I've heard around here our high beam lens isn't designed for HID and it messes with the light beam, and it also isn't very noticable unless you're on a long straight road. Obviously I don't know first hand, that's just what I've read on here.

+1 I bought mine 4 years ago also. Best mod by far. Buy it. Mine is the 5000k.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
No, don't get the bi-xenon. Those have the high and low in the same bulb. If you want both high and low then you need one H7 kit and one 9005 kit. I'm getting the 5000k H7 motorcycle kit. I'm not doing the high beam. From what I've heard around here our high beam lens isn't designed for HID and it messes with the light beam, and it also isn't very noticable unless you're on a long straight road. Obviously I don't know first hand, that's just what I've read on here.[/quote]

Ok, great information! Thank you. I am going to order the H7 right now. I will hold off on the high-beam for now. I want the little bit of blue tinge the 6k will give me. It will still be better than the stocker!

Thanks for the info! I love this place
bowdown.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
ks-waterbug @ Dec. 27 2007 said:
1251643[/ATTACH] PM]
+1   I bought mine 4 years ago also. Best mod by far. Buy it. Mine is the 5000k.
When veiwing from the front (looking at the bike) does your's have just a slight hint of blue, a lot of blue, or no blue? I'm lookin for something that's got a little in it, but not much at all.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Ok, ordered the 6k.  Thanks again!
No problem! Glad I could be of some assistance. If I were you I'd get one of the timed relays to install with it. HID's don't like to be turned on and then have a whole bunch of their power taken away (starting the bike). They tend to retaliate with early failures sometimes. Here's the link to the walkthrough on how to install em.Relay Install

What is the latest price for a set of hi/low ? Who bought them recently?
As of this particular moment their goin for 179, but I've heard from some on here that if you call and mention the .org they'll give you the discounted price they did for the group buy a while back. Don't know if they still will, but I heard that a while back. Oh, and I'm talking about xenonking.com

Just a note on the headlight on while starting..I've found out that if you hold the start button, then turn on the key.. the light will NOT come on.. then just pull in the clutch and the bike starts.. then the light comes on when you release the start button..

at least that's what i do on my 05.

beerchug.gif

Just a note on the headlight on while starting..I've found out that if you hold the start button, then turn on the key.. the light will NOT come on.. then just pull in the clutch and the bike starts.. then the light comes on when you release the start button..

at least that's what i do on my 05.

beerchug.gif
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the info!

Back