Question on HID

SD1300

Will ride for Oreos
Donating Member
My son sent me a Low-beam HID (McCulloch), 5k. I've got teh front end all torn down and when I removed the old Sylvania bulb (marked 9005), I note it has 3 tabs to locate it into the receptacle. the new HID bulb (marked H7) has only 1 tab and that is located on a flat spot

I don't see how this will work. Zenon King asked me to send them pics, which I did). Waiting for an answer.

Here is what I'm talking about.... It's for a 2006 Busa.

IMG_2199__Medium_.jpg

silly wabbit, H7's are for wobeams...

Anyway....
Do be careful not to touch the new HID (oils in fingers will shorten life pretty dramatically in case you were not aware)

Alcohol and swabs are good for cleaning off the quartz bulb housing just in case

Great gift IMO, you will find it gets the attention of oncoming cars a lot better and the numbers of people that cut you off turning left should drop big time.... A gift that keeps giving
smile.gif

I'm so embarassed.... I'll get over it
winkold.gif

After doing the install I really need to do the high beam as well.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Now the high beam looks like a flashlight compared to the low beam.

Pics as soon as I get the high beam.

Thanks for straightening me out...

Well..at least you have the fastest colors still..don't be embarrassed; its all in learning our bikes and sharing the knowledge among the bro's and sis's on BUSAs
beerchug.gif

SD1300, I did both hi/lo beams. When I turn the hi on, you really can't tell any difference at all, maybe some high lights of signs way the hell up the road, but as for road hazards etc, the high beam seems useless with the low HID.

You don't need the high beam HID. I use a yellow bulb for my high beam. ompliments the low.
thumb_up.gif

I carry the OE low beam with me in case the HID quits (died on me at fall bash, had to buy a bulb enroute home)

Aiming the HID is hit and miss, I just waited till night time and aimed it before putting everything back together

SD1300, I did both hi/lo beams.  When I turn the hi on, you really can't tell any difference at all, maybe some high lights of signs way the hell up the road, but as for road hazards etc, the high beam seems useless with the low HID.
+1 I don't use my Hi beam anymore after installing the HID low beam.

I just got a 08 BUSA, does anybody knows if the  new busa has H7 or H9 ligth, somebody told me it has both. Please dont think i am lazzy, i'm still in vacation and far away from my baby and can't find out for myself, and somebody is giving me a good deal for the HID kit.
bowdown.gif
 Can somebody help???

At first I didn't think the HID highbeam really did a whole lot, but when riding on the highway you really notice it. It just lights up the road & signs WAY down the road. Pretty cool. HID high does take about 20 seconds to get to full brightness, and doesn't really like to be switched on and off like a normal highbeam. One of the best mods to date though!

I just got a 08 BUSA, does anybody knows if the new busa has H7 or H9 ligth, somebody told me it has both. Please dont think i am lazzy, i'm still in vacation and far away from my baby and can't find out for myself, and somebody is giving me a good deal for the HID kit.
bowdown.gif
Can somebody help???
For the K8 Busa:

The stock low-beam is a typical 55-watt H7 bulb - it is a Philips (Germany) bulb.

The stock high-heam is a 65-watt H9 bulb.

Back