McCulloch HID's

What is the latest price for a set of hi/low ? Who bought them recently?
XenonKing is still honoring the Hayabusa.org group price. I bought the high and low kit from him about 3 months ago, I think it was $230 total for both high and low kits together.

I went with the 5k for both the high and low. If I had to do it all over again, I would just do the low with the 5k (I didn't want a blue hue head lamp). But I installed both since it was there.

Also, I added a time delay relay, DEI 528T (google it, it's about $12) for the low beam to delay the headlamp from coming on for 90 seconds (adjustable with the relay). That way the bike gets a chance to start, re-charge the battery, then by the time I get ready to go the head lamp ignites... and we are off...

I used a switch and a relay, didn't have to cut any wires. Icemann had a detailed write up on HID with relay, switch install.

What is the latest price for a set of hi/low ? Who bought them recently?
XenonKing is still honoring the Hayabusa.org group price.  I bought the high and low kit from him about 3 months ago, I think it was $230 total for both high and low kits together.  

I went with the 5k for both the high and low.  If I had to do it all over again, I would just do the low with the 5k (I didn't want a blue hue head lamp).  But I installed both since it was there.

Also, I added a time delay relay, DEI 528T (google it, it's about $12) for the low beam to delay the headlamp from coming on for 90 seconds (adjustable with the relay).  That way the bike gets a chance to start, re-charge the battery, then by the time I get ready to go the head lamp ignites... and we are off...
So the 5000k has absolutely NO blue in it?

around 4300K is what you will see in OEM vehicles equipped with HIDs. Lexus Caddy etc. Yes, the 5000 will have a slightly bluer look when sitting side by side an OEM HID or Halogen vehicle.

Most people would not say the 5000 had a blue look to it by itself. You could pick it out in oncoming traffic compared to the other stock lights.

around 4300K is what you will see in OEM vehicles equipped with HIDs. Lexus Caddy etc. Yes, the 5000 will have a slightly bluer look when sitting side by side an OEM HID or Halogen vehicle.

Most people would not say the 5000 had a blue look to it by itself.  You could pick it out in oncoming traffic compared to the other stock lights.
Ok, good. That's exactly what I was wanting, and that's what I had planned on getting. So it's settled. McCulloch 5000k kit it is!

Back