Maxxis 190/55/17 Supermaxx

Thrust

Registered
Well,

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go get one of these installed in the morning. I'm **real** hesitant to buy this tire since it's a Maxxis and there very short history of making tires. I know Michelin makes a quality product (I sold tires for 5+ years) and have no doubt the Pilot Powers are awesome.

However, the guy I buy my stuff from (who is more of a rider than salesman) put these tires on his 954 and absolutely loves them. He says they grip extremely well but also get great mileage.

Has anyone ran a 55 series before? I know the advantages of a larger contact patch for cornering but I've got the rear of the bike lowered about 1 1/2" and often ride two-up some I'm concerned about clearance issues. The stock BT56 has an O.D. of 24.7" while the Maxxis comes in at 25.2" so it's 1/2" overall taller.

got around 1500 miles now on my 200 size. I love it, no problems at all. I did a post about it a few weeks ago and updated it recently

I put Maxxis on Elenor couple of days back... took her for a short ride yesterday!! I did feel that they handle quite well... the feel is a lot different in comparison to the stock tires... but from the initial ride, i feel its a pretty good tyre

I put Maxxis on Elenor couple of days back... took her for a short ride yesterday!! I did feel that they handle quite well... the feel is a lot different in comparison to the stock tires... but from the initial ride, i feel its a pretty good tyre
It really sticks after about 150 miles. I love mine.

Well had it installed today so time will tell on how well I like them. No adverse affects yet only problem was it rained on me on the way home. Rain + new tires = very slow ride home.

Thanks for everyones responses and thanks for the bump Nathan!!

Some one posted up a couple of weeks ago,it takes a few miles for the tire to start to come around. NJ.:)

Back