Mapping

I've personally rode more than a handful of bikes that were not tuned and then rode them after they were tuned and I am here to say, if you can afford the extra money to have it custom mapped I'd do it in a heart beat.

Got Yosh RS-3 bolt-ons from a member here along with a PCII-USB that I was "told" had a map pre-loaded for the bolt-ons by the dealer. It was such a great deal I basically got the PCIII-USB for free.

Thanks, Dale!
bowdown.gif

Even after the bike is tuned, don't you still have to make adjustments when the weather changes?

A custom map can be done on a bike with or without exhaust mods, and it will smooth out the throttle response.

Nothing (map wise) will change the sound of the bike, unless the sounds you refer to are from bad maps...ie popping and backfiring etc.

First thing I would do is the marble mod or remove the pair of you are experiencing popping or backfiring.

Even after the bike is tuned, don't you still have to make adjustments when the weather changes?
It will always run better or worse depending on air. There is no getting around that. My bike is set up a bit safe (rich) and tends to pick up a tenth or two in cooler air. BUT, you can make a good comprimise that is better for fuel economy or power. Throttle response will become crisper and smoother.

That's what sensors are for.
biggrin.gif

Also if there is an extreme change in temp you will see a difference obviously.

I tuned my old GSX-R 750 two years ago and sold it to my roommate and then retuned it before winter hit and it was pretty damn close on the dot. Minor adjustments were made, but that could be because it had 15k more miles.

I tell you the map from power commander is smoother than my custom map by far. It jerks all over the place between 4000 and 5500 rpm's unless you're wide open throttle. I actually dumped the custom map reloaded the pc map. what a waste!

I tell you the map from power commander is smoother than my custom map by far. It jerks all over the place between 4000 and 5500 rpm's unless you're wide open throttle. I actually dumped the custom map reloaded the pc map. what a waste!
than you had a bad tuner. I had a bad map one time from the dealership
deadhorse.gif
had it remapped at an independent shop and ended up with 5 more hp

you got robbed by someone who didnt know what they were doing.
2cents.gif

deadhorse.gif
it is a dealer map,and it did increase H.P.by 10, but ridability was severely compromised.I still have the map on file, I don't know if it can be adjusted .I guess i would just have to get a tuner to start over completely..

Why are custom maps so expensive? At Daytona, they told me it would be $300 for a custom map. That is more than I paid for the PC III. I downloaded the site map and only have one problem with it. It seems to use more gas now.

deadhorse.gif
it is a dealer map,and it did increase H.P.by 10, but ridability was severely compromised.I still have the map on file, I don't know if it can be adjusted .I guess i would just have to get a tuner to start over completely..
ea. map can be adj. even by you with your pc. BUT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING DONT. I wont trust a dealer to do my custom mapping again.

You can save the current map to a title easily remembered ie. "original map" than do some self adjusting and resave it to a dif. name ie. "first readjustment" that way you never loose the first map and can experiment.

Why are custom maps so expensive? At Daytona, they told me it would be $300 for a custom map. That is more than I paid for the PC III. I downloaded the site map and only have one problem with it. It seems to use more gas now.
It takes alot of time to do it right. That is higher than around here.

deadhorse.gif
ea. map can be adj. even by you with your pc. BUT UNLESS YOU  KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING DONT. I wont trust a dealer to do my custom mapping again.

You can save the current map to a title easily remembered ie. "original map" than do some self adjusting and resave it to a dif. name ie. "first readjustment" that way you never loose the first map and can experiment.
Yeah, I actually did that a little but with little or no luck.Then I reloaded the pc map from power commander and had better results.By the way the dealer said there is nothing wrong with my map(jackass).I really don't know if I would trust another tuner unless they would let me try out the bike before paying.

Back