Do I need to remap after installing velocity stack?

buza626

Registered
Hi I have 2010 and bazzaz plus Piper X filter and Akrabovic full exhaust system installed. I have done mapping on dyno, Do I need to remap after installing velocity stack?

Welcome. I do not think you need to remap after doing stacks. Who did the dyno/tune for your bike? I would ask that tuner: if stacks are worth it and if a remap is needed.

Welcome. I believe when you change air/fuel ratio you should remap. When I did full akrapovic exhaust on my gsxr750 I also did filter and velocity stacks and then mapped/dyno. Good luck! We welcome pics here as well!

Will you need to, no, but after reading your post I would think you would want to have it tuned again to get it back to perfection.

any change of the amount of air or the velocity which it is moved into the motor requires a different map when slowing down air it means your running more fuel than you nened and when speeding it up your not running enough

any change of the amount of air or the velocity which it is moved into the motor requires a different map when slowing down air it means your running more fuel than you nened and when speeding it up your not running enough

I agree with with the statement, however, everything I have read on this subject points to an extremely small change. I think you might find a similar change when running a brand new air filter vs. a dirty one and I don't think it necessary to remap all the time because of changes of this nature and it's my believe that the bike makes adjustments for minor changes of this nature, like changing spark plugs.

I absolutely believe in " It's your bike, your money " . The guys making a living competing with these bikes make every effort to gain every advantage possible. I say that to say this. I wouldn't mess with my airbox to ride on the streets because Zuki engineers have done their homework.

But I'm not a mechanic or a tuner, never been to school for the stuff and openly admit my ignorance in the matter :laugh:

I agree with with the statement, however, everything I have read on this subject points to an extremely small change. I think you might find a similar change when running a brand new air filter vs. a dirty one and I don't think it necessary to remap all the time because of changes of this nature and it's my believe that the bike makes adjustments for minor changes of this nature, like changing spark plugs.

I absolutely believe in " It's your bike, your money " . The guys making a living competing with these bikes make every effort to gain every advantage possible. I say that to say this. I wouldn't mess with my airbox to ride on the streets because Zuki engineers have done their homework.

But I'm not a mechanic or a tuner, never been to school for the stuff and openly admit my ignorance in the matter :laugh:

look at it this way... 2 cylinders are tuned for one air flow 2 for another now when you change the air flow of two you either have 2 lean or 2 rich cylinders... a dirty air filter or plugs its going to effect all of them equally thats like saying going from a stock exhaust to a aftermarket full system but because your still running a stock filter it doesnt make enough of a change to matter

I agree. I put short stacks in and didn't see anything change except my wallet getting lighter. I believe you will see more variation in AFR from pull to pull on the dyno (or one gear to another) than you will from changing two stacks.

Back