Nitrous on stock 2006 Busa

hayabusapower

Registered
Thinking of getting a Spyder nitrous kit. My question, what is the best jet size for a stock 2006 Hayabusa. The only mods I have is a full Yoshimura TRS exhaust, Air box mod with all 4 oem short velocity stack, BMC race air filter, Bazzaz ZFI and Bazzaz quick shift. Should I got with a wet or dry kit and what company nitrous kit to you recommend? Also I'll be getting a switch to select between 2 map for my Bazzaz and a custom dyno tune for the nitrous setup.

Lots of opinions on this topic. On my 2008 I'm happy with my 40 hp dry Spyder setup. I don't know why a person would want to use a wet kit at this hp level, the stock injectors can handle it. The popular theory is the Gen-1 should be able to handl the same amount of spray a little better since it has lower compression and does not have titanium valves. Some people will tell you a custom tune is the only way to go but I just added 17% fuel when I spray.

Make sure you get an inline nitrous filter and don't overpressurize your system. Those little jets in the Spyder plug up if anything at all gets in there. Also, I ended up buying a gage and a purge so I could keep pressures below 1000 psi at all times.

Lots of opinions on this topic. On my 2008 I'm happy with my 40 hp dry Spyder setup. I don't know why a person would want to use a wet kit at this hp level, the stock injectors can handle it. The popular theory is the Gen-1 should be able to handl the same amount of spray a little better since it has lower compression and does not have titanium valves. Some people will tell you a custom tune is the only way to go but I just added 17% fuel when I spray.

Make sure you get an inline nitrous filter and don't overpressurize your system. Those little jets in the Spyder plug up if anything at all gets in there. Also, I ended up buying a gage and a purge so I could keep pressures below 1000 psi at all times.

So after doing the math I will go with a internal mod. If I have to buy a nos kit with a purge and gauge it will end up costing me around $1500 tx in and that includes installation and dyno tune. Powerhouse as a internal mod that will give me 200rwhp for $2500 keys in hand. At less with a internal I think it more reliable on the long run.

Thanks for the info!

You can to it for a lot less than $1500. Call the guys at Dynotune nitrous and ask them what you need. My theory is I like a stock motor for reliability and I only spray when I need to. In this hobby it is good to do your own work. I'm putting on a system Saturday with a buddy, then he'll be up to speed and able to do his own work.

Another option would be to sell your current bike and spend that money plus your $2500 buying a Gen2. I bought a 3500 mile 2008 for $7200 last December. If you have a bunch of mods that don't move over to the new bike the $$ don't work out so well.

Back