Making the Busa Lighter

I have no idea because $93 a pound seems high to me.
$100 per pound is about middle. It goes much higher. Like titanium hardware is a lot more and the savings is small. Cheap is taking stuff off you don’t need. Then battery is the next bang for the buck. Check out my gen 2 turbo build. I have listed some of the things you can do to drop weight for cheap.

I haven't seen any new content from EJR and Megatron in a while...

It would be interesting at how his development is progressing, he pretty much sets the benchmark for lightening up his bike and power.

Only from a curiosity point of view, it would be interesting to see how that bike you won @PeregrineKeith stacks up against a bike like Megatron or @StreetShark 's beast (seeing as it's similarly set up).
I’d like to see that myself with a much lighter jockey.
EJRs Busa is no doubt lighter and probably more set up (weight, aero, gearing etc) for roll racing. CM$ built a great platform to get you started with this bike but I’ve seen his roll race bike first hand and it’s amazing. The level of painstaking detail to every aspect of making it a rocket ship is incredible and incredibly expensive! Not to mention I’d ask CM$ to pilot the bike I won against those guys or our very own @sixpack577 as he likes to hoon judging by his profile pic! Lol.
The real test could be the next raffle bike as it’s built! Wish me luck boys! And good luck to all of you as well!

if not already mentioned, a pair valve delete and you can move the rectifier inside the tail section and get rid of a bunch of brackets. delrin end bars, aluminum rear sprocket, lithium battery, lighter foot pegs, keyless gas cap. just some of the easy and inexpensive parts to swap to take weight off.

$100 per pound is about middle. It goes much higher. Like titanium hardware is a lot more and the savings is small. Cheap is taking stuff off you don’t need. Then battery is the next bang for the buck. Check out my gen 2 turbo build. I have listed some of the things you can do to drop weight for cheap.
Do you have a link? Ive just gone full Akra and thought about an Li battery

If you’re looking for lightweight parts I offer a few options…

I make and sell carbon fiber tank brackets, rectifier brackets, and handlebars. I also am stocking up on titanium clutch rods, and 7075 front sprocket spacers.

That stuff is good for a couple pounds of weight loss.

I’d like to see that myself with a much lighter jockey.
EJRs Busa is no doubt lighter and probably more set up (weight, aero, gearing etc) for roll racing. CM$ built a great platform to get you started with this bike but I’ve seen his roll race bike first hand and it’s amazing. The level of painstaking detail to every aspect of making it a rocket ship is incredible and incredibly expensive! Not to mention I’d ask CM$ to pilot the bike I won against those guys or our very own @sixpack577 as he likes to hoon judging by his profile pic! Lol.
The real test could be the next raffle bike as it’s built! Wish me luck boys! And good luck to all of you as well!

I'm about 195lbs in gear, and not much of a drag racer...but I could probably pull off a good wheelie, lmao!

I make and sell carbon fiber tank brackets, rectifier brackets, and handlebars. I also am stocking up on titanium clutch rods, and 7075 front sprocket spacers.

I saved 1.2kg - 2.64 lbs by going to Wossner rods and pistons and removal of engine balancer

that must be $636 / lb :D

Just standard handlebars or ones that can suit a bar conversion?.

Another way to lose some weight is to do what Pro Stock Champion Herb Mc Candless did with a few of his cars. Herb's team use to "gun drill" every bolt in his pro stock cars to lighten the car a few pounds. We don't really have many bolts we want to gun drill for a few good reasons that don't really need any explanation here. One thing I can say is the lower rear bolt that supports the engine in a Gen 1 is hollow and is about 10 inches long. It was made that way because it would be difficult to drill a hole through the middle of it for that length. I guess that was Suzuki's way of lightening the Busa just a little bit.

I broke that bolt when I crashed and that is how I discovered it was hollow. Take a close look if you can see it at the nut end of that bolt and you will see that it is hollow.

So after a fair bit of thinking, The only way i can see forward is not really making the bike that much lighter right away as it needs money for things like CF wheels (i'm saving up for an early low mile Gen1 (i'm half way there)), but to loose the extra weight i have put back on this pass year from being ill.
I can also chop my balls off as they are not used anymore these day anyway ( just need the dipstick part really) so that should save a couple of kg's :laugh:

So after a fair bit of thinking, The only way i can see forward is not really making the bike that much lighter right away as it needs money for things like CF wheels (i'm saving up for an early low mile Gen1 (i'm half way there)), but to loose the extra weight i have put back on this pass year from being ill.
I can also chop my balls off as they are not used anymore these day anyway ( just need the dipstick part really) so that should save a couple of kg's :laugh:
I have heard people in the UK are good with knives... but... being a bit self deprecating might bring you the kind of pain where you end up at the Emergency room for some good meds to relieve the pain !

When you get the Gen1 show us the pictures... but not of anything related to weight loss. lol!

Back