I feel the need 4 speed

slydog1

Registered
Stock 08 busa and 275lb rider, what can I do if anything can be done to make bike quicker with this weight factor. Because fat boys like to ride fast too. WORD.

Turbo would be the way to go. You can also get a lighter exhaust, I recommend: TI Force the worlds best titanium exhaust systems.

Last edited:
With a turbo ,can I keep the bike on the ground, and what kind of life can I expect out of the motor.

At 275lbs you will keep it down. There are plenty of reliable turbos out there. You can also get high performance engine components for more power. Get More Power

Last edited:
sprockets now ! tooth smaller in front and 3 teeth bigger in the rear. and seriously start to loose a few and consider it free Hp:thumbsup:

You got deep pockets? How much are you willing to spend? You could just invest wisely and get a bowflex ultimate home gym. :laugh:

Get exhaust stock weighs about 50lbs on the 08 aftermarket between 9 to 12lbs depending on brand. Also wheels would be a good investment and save weight I recommend BST or Performance machine, unless your mechanically inclined I would skip the turbo unless you like to tinker in the garage on weekends instead of riding. Other items like wave rotors and removing unneccesary items like reflectors, the mud shovel license plate holder and the gay grab bar will also shed some lbs.

get exhaust stock weighs about 50lbs on the 08 aftermarket between 9 to 12lbs depending on brand. Also wheels would be a good investment and save weight i recommend bst or performance machine, unless your mechanically inclined i would skip the turbo unless you like to tinker in the garage on weekends instead of riding. Other items like wave rotors and removing unneccesary items like reflectors, the mud shovel license plate holder and the gay grab bar will also shed some lbs.

+1 :beerchug:

I'v been going through the same dilema and I weigh more than you. Here are your options.
1. 1440 stroker kit, head and cams, exhaust, air fitler, pistons=215HP $5500
2. stage 1 turbo on 08, straight bolt =230Hp probably cost you $5000 with install and tune and then hope you don't mess it up
3. Turbo set up, intercooler, motor build,= 300-350HP on pump fuel, prob looking at $10000+ little things extra you don't initially think about.

No guarantee any of the above will not mess up. Some have big bores and turbos that have high miles some have setups that blow up after 5Kmiles. Just don't go turbo if your not willing to learn your setup and do routine maintenance. I would say a turbo setup is not something you just ride, wash and put in the garage. Some will argue it is but I've been extensively researching this for the past 6 months and have talked to lots of people who own these setups and this is the overall census

Last edited:
Like others have said it all depends on how deep your pockets are and what you can justify spending on a motorcycle. Keep in mind a good full exhaust, air filter, and programmer with tune can net you 185 HP give or take a few.

Back