Magazines

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Many of you know that I have been appearing in a bunch of ICON ads in a bunch of magazines. As a result, I am starting to get a feel for which magazines have class and which are trash.

Many ads have been showing up without my knowledge. If I happen to miss one, it has been difficult to get back issues. So here is my experience.

ICON requested copies from several mag companies, but only Cycle World has come thru so far. They sent 20-copies for me.....CLASS.

I contacted 2 Wheel Tuner and explained the situation. The girl put me on hold to check with a superior. She came back with the response that I have to pay the same price as everyone else for back issues. So I had to pay $10 each for 4 copies of the November 2 Wheel Tuner....TRASH

I just contated the people at Sport Rider and explained the situation. The woman was very nice and said that she would UPS several issues to me today........CLASS.

Cycle Dreams responded rather quickly. After some discussion, they agreed to sell me additional copies at 50% off or $2 each........Fairly Classy.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136404140 -->

So we'll boycot 2 Wheel Tuner for you Greg...that's pretty low...$10 a pop...pretty pathetic...

That is pathetic... you would think back issues would just be given away. No subscription for 2 Wheel Tuner...

That is pathetic... you would think back issues would just be given away. No subscription for 2 Wheel Tuner...
They all sell back issues, and they all mark them up above the cover price. I guess it is a supply and demand issue. 2 Wheel Tuner is the most ridicules with their pricing and you would think they would give a break to someone who appears in a full page ad on their inside cover.

I agree....PATHETIC! The ICON people were also furious when I told them.

Perhaps ICON will give 'em some hell and they'll refund your $40...

Cycle Dreams just got back to me and we worked out a deal. I intend to relay my experiences to ICON. They can handle it however they see fit, but I hope they stick it to TWT.

get me up to speed -which icon ads are we talking about?
two wheel tuner--never heard of it --not gonna look for it now-

Never heard of 2 Wheel Tuner either but if I see it in the bookstore, I will be sure to put them behind the magazines that don't sell.
biggrin.gif

So Greg, what date issue's of CycleWorld are we talking about.
rock.gif
It's the only mag I subscribe too, but since your first posts of the modeling gig for Icon, I don't recall seeing your adds, and I though I'd been looking.
laugh.gif

Ya know, being new to the sport bike genre (or any other pursuit for that matter) one can go to two "places" to get a reading on what is what; message boards and magazines.

It is odd the ones you mentioned as "class" because those are the mags that I thought were the most well-rounded and informative without a bunch of overly generalized blah-blah-blah- they seemed all inclusive with a pretty broad scope of interests.

Not surprising the results you got there, Cycle World is part of my library now and so is Hayabusa.org!

Many of you know that I have been appearing in a bunch of ICON ads in a bunch of magazines. As a result, I am starting to get a feel for which magazines have class and which are trash.

Many ads have been showing up without my knowledge. If I happen to miss one, it has been difficult to get back issues. So here is my experience.

ICON requested copies from several mag companies, but only Cycle World has come thru so far. They sent 20-copies for me.....CLASS.

I contacted 2 Wheel Tuner and explained the situation. The girl put me on hold to check with a superior. She came back with the response that I have to pay the same price as everyone else for back issues. So I had to pay $10 each for 4 copies of the November 2 Wheel Tuner....TRASH

I just contated the people at Sport Rider and explained the situation. The woman was very nice and said that she would UPS several issues to me today........CLASS.

Cycle Dreams responded rather quickly. After some discussion, they agreed to sell me additional copies at 50% off or $2 each........Fairly Classy.
Having been a printer of magazines and catalogs for over 27 years....I can tell you without a doubt that charging you $10 for a magazine is nothing short of highway robbery. I have never seen that magazine, but it's probably safe to say they only pay about .25 to .50 a copy depending on paper quality and and how much 4 color printing and page count is involved and type of binding...most likely saddle stitching (2 or 3 staples) I personally would tell em to stick their mags where the sun don't shine.

Back