LTA 2010 event

Did they change the rules on metal zippers? My "old" rulebook indicates metal zippers are required on leathers, but I saw numerous people at last years loring event with plastic zippers.

I haven't received the LTA rulebook yet but if it's the same as the ECTA one then metal zippers are still required. It's kind of hit or miss though if the actual zipper material is checked by an inspector.

I don't have the 2008 handy but looked at both 2009 and 2010 books for ECTA and they say metal is required. Like Ken said, it might be a well over looked item but if spending the money on new leathers I wouldn't want to take that chance...

Did they change the rules on metal zippers? My "old" rulebook indicates metal zippers are required on leathers, but I saw numerous people at last years loring event with plastic zippers.

The 2010 rulebook is a misprint regarding the metal portion of the zipper rule. The metal requirement was dropped in 2008, noted by a strike thru in the rule book. The printer dropped the strike thru but unfortunatley not the word "metal".

There are items in other areas of the rule and record book that need addressed as well, and addendums will be put in the newly printed versions as well as on the website once wording is complete.

Todd
PS: There is nothing in the book that (if followed), will keep you from running with the LTA or the ECTA. Joe and Bob both want everyone to enjoy their venues and have a safe, fun and fast time.

narider(Todd) thanks for the clarification guru! :beerchug:

071300r - This event is in Loring Main. If you look up Loring Air Force Base, you'll find lots of information about the place. For the event and event information you can check out: LORING TIMING ASSOCIATION

Yea, thanks Todd. New suit and gloves on the way. I can only seem to get a year out of a pair of gloves, and 5 years out of a suit.

I was born and raised in Limestone. Loring was my back yard. This is the end of the world. I'll be there with my busa. My brother lives 4 miles away from the gates.

Last edited:
For anyone planning on attending this event you better book your room quick.

I called the Caribou Inn today and they're all booked already.
I was able to get a room at the Hampton Inn. They only have 7 rooms left.

Whatever Motel/Inn you book at you should ask if they have a discount for the Loring Timing Association.

The race is scheduled for 7/30 Tech, 7/31-8/1 Race. :cheerleader:

This 6 of 7 rooms will be opening up this week. My friend had them reserved but they have to back out because the cars will not be ready and Bonneville is more important to them. Also anyone coming near Roanoke Va on the way up. I lost my ride. :banghead: HELP.

tee minus 4 weeks... :cheerleader:

is anyone ready yet :poke::rofl:

Will be ready when my valve shim come in this week. The local shop had all but one. Oh yeah Ken the cams will work. 425 lift on stock pistons had plenty of clearance. Will be tuning this week. Should be nasty.

Back