Lowering a Gen 3 questions

Gen3lover

Registered
I really like the look of a lowered Busa but I want to gather some opinions first. For information mine is a 2022 with a full M4 exhaust.

Obviously lowering the front AND the rear equally is a must, right?
How much does this affect the performance of the bike?
Who makes the best lowering links/parts?
Is the installation difficult or is this something that a pro ought to tackle?
To those who have done this, would you do it again?

Obviously lowering the front AND the rear equally is a must, right?

YES - that´s a MUST

How much does this affect the performance of the bike?

Who makes the best lowering links/parts?

but the links for rear you can build urselve
get 7mm thick alu-plate and cut/grind/drill em urselve - get an exact 12mm thick drill 4 the wholes 4 the bolts !!!

Is the installation difficult or is this something that a pro ought to tackle?

no not in the rear - its a 1 h-job
at the front u have to loosen the fork in both yokes an push them up the same value like u lowered the rear
thatfor get the damn manual - that tells u how that job(s) have to be done and what torques the nuts /screws need.

and yes - a pro would be very helpful , if ur not familary whith repairing bikes

You Got This Do It GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

let me know bro *

How much are you looking to lower your bike? Lots of riders lower their bike an inch or so, so they can plant both feet flat on the ground and it doesn't seem to have a significant effect on performance or handling except your pegs may drag a bit sooner if you lean the bike over to far. I have a factory lowered BMW R1250GSA and it doesn't handle any differently than the 1200 GS standard suspension bike I owned.

I can already plant both feet on the ground. This more for looks. Which brings up another question- how low should I go to achieve that cool lowered look I see in photos without sacrificing handling?

Last edited:
I can already plant both feet on the ground. This more for looks. Which brings up another question- how low should I go to achieve that cool lowered look I see in photos without sacrificing handling?
There's a difference between handling and cornering...

It will handle the same but not corner as well as you will lose cornering clearance....if you aren't out canyon carving or doing lots of fast twisties, you will be fine.

Reactions: pcs
There's a difference between handling and cornering...

It will handle the same but not corner as well as you will lose cornering clearance....if you aren't out canyon carving or doing lots of fast twisties, you will be fine.

Nothing to do with handling but I'd also add that you'd need to replace or modify your kickstand if you decide to lower your bike.

There's a lot of confusion about lowering links. For one thing, it's counterintuitive that raising links are shorter and lowering links are longer.
You also need to jack up the bike on the frame or engine, and not the rear suspension anywhere, and you need to do it just the right amount. Here's the short and sweet best video I've seen on it:

Back