Lowering (3-hole vs fully adjustable)

soon2be

Donating Member
Registered
What are the pros and cons of the fully adjustable over the 3-hole? I know with the fully adjustable I can get anywhere between the 0"-3" range. Do they become loose? Is it difficult to make sure that both sides are equal? Hope that's not a dumb question. Do lowering links compress the shock? If so, does this result in premature wear, thereby affecting performance if returned to original height? Regardless, I am going to lower it, just had a few questions. Thanks.

Lowering a Busa has no bearing on shock wear, so no worries there.
The major point to a fully adjustable link is to make SURE that they are even! If the weight isn't distributed evenly, it has the potential to break the adjustment bolt, OR the bolt that holds the links together.
I have seen pics of the adjustment bolts that have broken.
I have broken the bolt that's between the two links.
I wouldn't necessarily discredit the fully adjustable links, they just HAVE TOO be equal!
The 3 holers are the quickest, easiest and most trouble free links that there are.

Just MY $.02

For what it's worth, I also saw a broken adjustment bolt on the threaded type of adjustable lowering links. Not good if it happens at speed!
wow.gif

Other then being easier to make changes to the height, or adjusting it incrementally, I don't see the benefit of fully adjustable links. They cost 4-5 times more then the 3-Holer, and they don't look like thay can take much abuse. I didn't know about them breaking, so that's another negative.

Another positive for the 3-Holer is that you can put the bike back to stock height without having to re-install the oem links.

i was going to go with them to save time but rhythm told me a bout a way to change the shocks in about 10-15 mins. So is teh 10mins you save worth your bike or even your life
rock.gif

Back