lowered bike 2" rear/ 1" front

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
After months of talking about it, I did it on Sunday with one of my buddies...(Thanks Jake) It was kind of a pain in the ass to break the bolts loose on the dog bones initially, but we got it done. The front was cake and was done within 10 minutes since I had the 1" reapers already installed.

The first time I had it out that day, I put a couple of small dents in my exhaust. I went over a speed bump and although I was trying to coast over it, I still bottomed out. Damn it!
sad.gif
Nothing major, but I am a perfectionist and I can't stand when poop like that happens. I am going to see about making a custom skid plate for it to protect my exhaust. I will be more careful next time...

The bike feels sooooo much better in my hands riding it now. It sits just perect for me and I have to admit she feels real stable on the straights and real tight over the corners. Takes a little more to push the bike down, but that is okay with me.
biggrin.gif

I have 1.25" reaper risers, I am going to install those this week. I don't think I will lower it anymore though. I think it is low enough, I will just gain the .25" of handle-bar risers out of them...

I did the kickstand mod a couple of weeks ago to setup for the lowering... Bar-none, the kickstand mod is one of the best mods I have done. The bike leans over quite a bit more now and I really don't even have to worry about doing all the checks for the kickstand after I get off of it. The kickstand now throws forward enough that it has the right angle to sit and isn't able to roll-over on you. Careful with the cuts if you plan on doing it. I took it nice and slow... It is amazing at how little cutting makes a big angle difference on the other end.
biggrin.gif
You don't need to cut enough of the kickstand away to even think about the integrity of the stand itself.

Cloud

biggrin.gif

Am in the process of lowering my bike but am thinking
one inch all around just to be safe.just curious why two inch
on the rear?
smile.gif

2-inch on the rear because the dog bones you normally buy that are adjustable, only go 2" and 3" down from stock, not 1". There are some adjustable ones you can get from Schnitz, but those look problematic if you ask me... It seems to be lowering the front that puts you at the most risk. The 1" drop seems small, but it is pretty substantial... The bike sits A LOT lower then it did before. I am really surprised at the difference and that is why I am not going to drop the front anymore. It is plenty low, trust me on that...

I will have pictures for you guys soon. I have to borrow a buddies digital camera and I will post some pics... Probably be about a week.

Cloud

Congrats.

Can you please post pics and what you did for the kickstand mod.
Lowering my Busa this week and need to knock-out the KS mod also.

Thanks.

I am probably going to get mine lowered and found a set of 1.5" dogbones because I didn't want/need the full 2". Hope it works or I may have to go with 1" bones. BT is working a prototype set of 1" bones for 'Da Train. May become a very particular item.
rock.gif

Which bike are you working on...or I can wait for pics I guess......

The question was actually for Cloud 9, but ignore that question. I had you confused with Daniel from Cloud 9 Motorsports and he has multiple Busas.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091570021 -->

Which bike are you working on...or I can wait for pics I guess.
Yeah, you can wait for pics! I don't want to give it away before it actually happens. It is the 'Busa (Baby J) that I am working on. 'Gotta follow your lead on some of the mods you've been doing.

should have pics for you guys in a week... The kickstand mod was easy. Just use a dremmel with the grinder head. The whole grinding process took no more then 20-30 minutes to complete. You will need to cut the front and rear side. When you look at it you will now what I am talking about.

In order to get it even, just keep grinding back and then front until the kickstand no longer rocks when you kick it out. If it is uneven the kickstand kind of rocks a bit. Again, you will no what I am talking about when you get into it a little. Just don't grind too much. Very little cuts will make a big difference. I will post pictures sometime early next week...

Back