Lowering Question

900Z1

Registered
I am planning to lower my busa 1" front and rear, I've already did the kickstand mod. Do I need to get a shorter kickstand, or will the kickstand mod be enough?
Any help appreciated.

John

(i think for 1" you don't need to get a short kickstand)

Dont't chance it. If you ride to work on a windy day or if it rains after you get to your destination (work,etc) a strong winds can blow it over easily, don't ask how I how. Just get an adjustable kickstand to play it safe.

Grind off a little bit more material. I'm down 1.25" up front and 2" in the rear and have a perfect lean angle from a stock stand. I did the mode to a spare stand I bought off ebay and kept my original in case I decide to go back to stock height.

The kick stand mod is to help prevent bike from rolling foward off the side stand! Simple cure for that is just putting the bike in gear and rolling it foward til it stops (gear engages), then lean it over on the kickstand. The adjustable side stand will lower the bike down enough to prevent a easy tip over (strong wind or somebody brushing up against it) compared to using the stock length k/s.

Just lowered my arse 1 1/2 to 2 " and the factory stand is looking adequate. When I lower the front 1 3/4" with reaper risers I'll need to bend the factory stand.

A lot of it is on the rider and where you park / how you park, and parking with it in gear.

Good Luck
ThumbsUp.gif

Mine is lowered about as much as yours is and i still have the stock stand w/mod done and have had no issues.

I believe I have a shortened stock stand if you want it.

The kick stand mod is to help prevent bike from rolling foward off the side stand! Simple cure for that is just putting the bike in gear and rolling it foward til it stops (gear engages), then lean it over on the kickstand. The adjustable side stand will lower the bike down enough to prevent a easy tip over (strong wind or somebody brushing up against it) compared to using the stock length k/s.
When the stand moves forward even slightly you get a lot more lean. I have the exact same lean angle as I did at stock height with stock stand.

someone else did the grind on my stand. with 2" f/r drop it's upright with a slight tilt. I bet with just a shde more grinding it would be a sufficient lean. However I'm going back up aout an inch.

mikeonbike

Back