Longer kickstand?

AJAY

Registered
My Busa leans too far over with the kickstand down. Suspension is stock, but maybe the rear tire is too tall? All you folks with lowered suspensions can change out for a shorter kickstand, but I can't find a longer one for sale. Any ideas?

What kind of tire on the rear do you have ???

It shouldnt lean over that bad even with a 55 profile tire....

try an adjustable kickstand. maybe they can be extended.

thought*** check if your kickstand has a notch cut into it to make it extend farther. maybe that is the problem.

Shinko 003 on the rear, stock size. Actually, I think it's wide flatter tire than stock, probably not taller.

Most of the adjustable stands are shorter, not longer.

How about a pic showing the lean and a close up of the kickstand? would save a lot of guessing.

could be either the mod or maybe the ears on the kick stand are worn or even broken?

Shinko 003 on the rear, stock size. Actually, I think it's wide flatter tire than stock, probably not taller.

Most of the adjustable stands are shorter, not longer.

Your over thinkin it, assuming nothing is bent or broke, you'll be fine. Ive got an 18" rim outback with stock links and the arm set at about 7' over. She leans, but nothin that worries me.

SANY1239.jpg

Here's a pic. As you can see, it's leaning quite a bit further than FastFrog's bike or other Busas I have compared it to. The Shinko 003 Stealth rear is actually kind of flat and I would think it would be more like lowering the bike than raising it.

It's been this way since I bought the bike. It's a bit heavy pulling the bike upright off the stand and the garage is pretty crowded. Going out to the garage to see if I can bolt something to the foot of the kickstand......

busa leaning.jpg

Wow, you defiently got some lean goin on there. I thought you were just bein crazy. :laugh: Did the previous owner do the kickstand mod? Maybe the previous owner chopped the kickstand when he had it lowered?

Can always put a small board or something under the stand for when your home, probly wont be easy to carry on a ride with ya tho.

It should be about a foot long overall. If your's is cut and ya want a stocker, ill trade ya. I send mine to ya first so you wont lose any riding time:thumbsup:

SANY1424.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, the famed kickstand mod has never been done. I don't think I could move it off the stand if I wanted to without picking it up.

Don't know why it's this way, it just is. :(

Actually, the famed kickstand mod has never been done. I don't think I could move it off the stand if I wanted to without picking it up.

Don't know why it's this way, it just is. :(

measure it and see edit on my other post :thumbsup:

measure it and see edit on my other post :thumbsup:
Fastfrog007, thanks a million. I don't know how I missed your pic before, but have been wanting to know exactly how long the stock stand is supposed to be. Unfortunately, my stand is exactly the same length as yours. I'm starting to wonder if the previous owner put in links to raise the rear, although that in itself would be unlikely and all the suspension settings were set to stock positions when I got the bike.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I cant get to my bike tonight, its at a friends, can somebody measure thier stock links and post up for AJAY? Im very curious to know whats goin on....

Its opened farther than stock, I'll bet someone shaved the stops. Look how far it is to the front, maybe just get a new kick stand?

Back