Getting Ready to Lower the Busa

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Have my 1" reaper risers installed already and I am about to purchase the lowering links for the rear so I can drop my bike.

Kickstand:

Option 1: I was really thinking about breaking down and buying an adjustable kickstand, but after reading the recent post about how the bottom seems to go missing along with the pin, I am not going to go there...

Option 2: I think I am just going to do the kickstand mod when my handy stands arrive. Never seen it posted, but has anyone heard of the kickstand breaking off after it has been slightly modified? I ask because when I am pulling the bike back to make sure that the kickstand is completely extended you can see some flex in the kickstand...

Lowering Links:

I am looking for the cheapest. (wife has me on a strict budget) Found hayabusazone.com has some real nice 3-hole dog bones for 32. I haven't seen the site before or heard of anyone buying from them though. I called their toll-free number today and no one answers which is kind of interesting...

Also found Muzzy 3-hole dog bones on parts411.com for $42. Unless anyone has any better ideas, I think I am going to go with the muzzy.

Cloud

hayabusazone is the same people on APE, just diffrent website. they are close on saturday. i have the adjusteble kick stand my self for over 1 year & i never had any problem, just make sure you never bend that retainer which holds the pin in position & no problem.

Back