Lower fork disintegrating in the tubes.

Gunnybusa

DEFENDER of the FAITH!
Donating Member
Registered
The dealer STILL has my bike after a month. They have ordered the wrong tires and the wrong brake discs. I told them when I dropped it off to put Q’s on it and to move my Galfers rotors, well they didn’t.
So the dealer calls me today and says sense they have to wait for the rotors to come in that the mech went a head and disassembled the tubes so he could repack the seals, I guess it’s their way of saying sorry. The mech get the tubes pulled a part and notices that the lower ends of the titanium nitrated fork is DISNTEGRATING. Has any one else heard of this happing? I asked the dealer and they said only on the new 1k but don’t worry because it’s under warranty.

They didnt say, thats why I was wondering if any one else has heard of this.

Must be your fat butt putting too much stress on the front end
wink.gif

Ive only seen it on the 01 gsxr1000, but they were covered by warrenty!

Dude, you said you were getting your bike?!

What happened??
all_coholic.gif

When I had my ohlin's internals installed, my '02s forks had no faults.

(GIXERHP @ Dec. 19 2006,18:42) Ive only seen it on the 01 gsxr1000, but they were covered by warrenty!
So it's covered and they fix it, but will it happen again? The bike is less than a year old.

(Charlesbusa @ Dec. 19 2006,19:42) Dude, you said you were getting your bike?!

What happened??  
all_coholic.gif

When I had my ohlin's internals installed, my '02s forks had no faults.
Nope not yet. I told the dealer when I brought it in to put Q's on it and to move my Galfers over. Well they ordered the ome tire’s, which went on back order. I called them a week ago and asked what we were still waiting on and they said the BT56's I reminded him of our conversation about the tires and he said oh yhea I forgot. So he said he had a set of Q's on the rack that he could put on and that I would have the bike by Sat the 9th of Dec. I call sat and asked when I should come in and that’s when he told me that he didn’t have Q's but he did have Diablo's and they would put those on and I could have the bike Monday the 11th. Monday comes and I call again I ask for my guy and they say that he has the day off and to call back tomorrow (the 12th). The 12th comes and this time I don’t call I drive do to the shop which is 50 miles south of here. I show up and the are very surprised. I told them I had the money and I was ready to pick up the bike like they said. "Well we forgot that you had after market brakes and we have to order you a new set" is what I was told. I asked where the old ones where and they said that they had already discarded them and that the wouldn’t have been any good any ways do to the impact. Now I’m pissed and they know it so I get back in the truck and start driving back to the air station. About 15 mins in to the drive I get a call from the dealer, they say that the disassembled the forks and found that the lower ends where DISINTAGADING. I asked how that could be when the bike was less then a year old, they said they didn’t know but not to worry because it was under warranty and they had already order the parts.

Now as a side note I have ALWAYS defended the dealerships when people that shite about them here, but enough is enough!!

(guido4512 @ Dec. 20 2006,08:37) Unexcusable and not acceptable. A month?
crazy.gif

Sounds like your getting scammed.
Im starting to think something is not right. The are a large dealership.

I can't believe that something as easy as getting new wheels put on would lead to all of this...you need to go tie someone's azz in a knot Gunny...

(VaBusa @ Dec. 20 2006,10:18) I can't believe that something as easy as getting new wheels put on would lead to all of this...you need to go tie someone's azz in a knot Gunny...
I want to wait till i get the bike back. Then I can be a big red dik.

(Gunnybusa @ Dec. 20 2006,14:10)
(VaBusa @ Dec. 20 2006,10:18) I can't believe that something as easy as getting new wheels put on would lead to all of this...you need to go tie someone's azz in a knot Gunny...
Yeah, but what if they have it for another month or so? Man, I'd be there yelling at someone...

(VaBusa @ Dec. 20 2006,11:14)
(Gunnybusa @ Dec. 20 2006,14:10)
Yeah, but what if they have it for another month or so?  Man, I'd be there yelling at someone...
I try to be more cerebral then that, but every dog has his day. In all fairness this is the first time I have had any trouble from them. These are the same guys that got Suzuki to fix my tranny under warranty when so many others have been unable to.

Back