Do you have the right to complain if you don't vote?

mike1180

Banned
I don’t vote anymore and haven’t for a long time.
I haven’t seen anyone running worthy of my vote, and I won’t try and pick the lesser of 2 (or more) evils.
I have been told that I don’t have a right to complain if I don’t vote.
That is exactly when I have a right to complain.
I didn’t give the winner my endorsement.
The people that voted for him are the one’s who do not have the right to complain.
I didn't pick anyone, so I can complain about whoever gets in.
I think it is hypocritical to vote for a person and then complain about what they do when in office.
JMO

I think it is more hypocritical to complain about anyone if you did not get involved in the process...

"I voted for you and think I would like to see this happen" means heck of a lot more than "I would vote if I liked you"

very simple, everyone has the right to complain, but if you didn't or don't vote, don't expect many people to listen to you.

I think it is more hypocritical to complain about anyone if you did not get involved in the process...

"I voted for you and think I would like to see this happen" means heck of a lot more than "I would vote if I liked you"

In Canada a lot of people feel like I do.
We just had a 58% turnout at the polls.
It will be interesting to see what your turn out is like.
I'm tired of "the process"
The whole thing up here and down there is flawed.
Again if what you are putting on the ballots is the best you have to offer, like ours was, then I prefer not to vote.
That is how I am voting my disapproval with the whole mess. Not voting.
"Getting involved in the process" isn't about picking the lesser of 2 evils and then "Liking to see something happen" afterwards.
I'm sorry, but the realistic me says "I have to like you first, I have to believe in what you believe in. I have to think you will do what is best for all the citizens"
I think it is hipocritical to vote for someone if you don't like them first.
Why do it then?
JMO

Most dictators love that idea of futility you have... when a minority of the people can decide your future, they are encouraged, they can muster a minority of people to the polls..

Getting a majority to fall for their for their lies is another story all together..

I think if it came down to 1 side being communist or fascist, and the other side being democracy, I would get involved, and vote against the communists, fascists.
But when both sides are democracy, I really don't see what difference either one will make.
Everyone banters back and forth about the pros and cons of this one, that one…..
Your vote is going to extremely close, just like Bush and Gore, and close to half of your population will be happy and the other close to half sad.
Will it really make a difference as to what gets done in the end?
We all try and feel like we made a difference by getting involved, but have we?
Is there really an alternative on your ballot coming up?
There wasn’t on ours and hasn’t been for a long time.

Just reading the other thread about Colin Powell endorsing Obama.

Why can't we get Powell to run?
He was here a short time back and I went to see his talk.
Brilliant in every way.
I couldn't care less what party he is for, if he ran I would get out and vote!

by the time you would wake from your complacency, the bad guys have mobilized their minority and you are toast.... (WW2 showed us this) Had the USA gotten into WW2 a year sooner, most likely several million people would not have been killed in the german death camps.. You realize that the Nazi movement started in a society at a point in its time where everyone was just "tired" of how things were going..

Just reading the other thread about Colin Powell endorsing Obama.

Why can't we get Powell to run?
He was here a short time back and I went to see his talk.
Brilliant in every way.
I couldn't care less what party he is for, if he ran I would get out and vote!

Colin Powell is no politician. That is why he parted ways with his party. He is not one to be driven by a politically driven machine.

As far as yor question about your vote & your right to complain, I feel that you have to get involved. It is if your house was on fire, you surely would not hesitate to try to put it out. The issues we are seeing now are mostly due to the house being on fire, and most of us have realized it for far too long, but we keep empowering the politicians by giving them hoses filled with gas, instead of water!!

Colin Powell is no politician. That is why he parted ways with his party. He is not one to be driven by a politically driven machine. QUOTE]

In my opinion, that is why he would be GREAT for the job.
We don't need any more "politicians" but we do need leaders.
Someone has to step up and do what needs to be done, and not just do what the "party" says needs to be done.

You know, like you said, "Someone has to step up and do what needs to be done," and if enough people VOTE, actual change can occur. How about steppin up yourself next time around? Then, no one can fault you for having a complaint.

You absolutely do have a right to complain! I've never voted and probably never will. They are all scum of the earth politicians! The government is corrupt, they are lying theives. Who do not give a crap about you nor I.
They do nothing but try to take all my hard earned money, and then more.
Besides trying to take away more of my rights!

Now if I was to vote, that would make me just as bad as them! Right? I would be that same scum of the earth! I'm not a lying, theiving scumbag!
My vote would be actually "endorsing" the very things that I cant stand that they do to you and I everyday.

Everyone who votes, knows for a fact, that the "Gobment" is very corrupt! Why on gods earth would you want to be an accessory to it?

Ooh, and BTW your vote actually means nothing. Also, think about this. The Government, who we all know is corrupt, are the same ones tallying up the votes dumba$$es...

Your little tiny vote will NEVER make a difference! There will be no change. (nice to think it could, a pipedream for most) Just look how it just keeps getting worse and worse. It is meant to be corrupt. Get it?
So now you got 2 new a$$holes to choose from! For at least another 4 years.... No light at the end of that tunnel.

Last edited:
In Canada a lot of people feel like I do.
We just had a 58% turnout at the polls.
It will be interesting to see what your turn out is like.
I'm tired of "the process"
The whole thing up here and down there is flawed.
Again if what you are putting on the ballots is the best you have to offer, like ours was, then I prefer not to vote.
That is how I am voting my disapproval with the whole mess. Not voting.
"Getting involved in the process" isn't about picking the lesser of 2 evils and then "Liking to see something happen" afterwards.
I'm sorry, but the realistic me says "I have to like you first, I have to believe in what you believe in. I have to think you will do what is best for all the citizens"
I think it is hipocritical to vote for someone if you don't like them first.
Why do it then?
JMO

So did the 42% that did not vote just not care? I don't follow the Canadian political process but I would bet that if the 42% of non-voters actually got behind a single candidate they could have won the election. So you get what you vote (or don't vote) for.

What is it about "The Process" that you do not like? I think our process is very good. What bothers me is the dependence upon the media. The only way voices are heard are through the media and the major media outlets are controled by a few major corporations. They decide who gets heard. Then you have the non-news talking heads you mislead the public. It is an exceptional campaign to sway the public, but at the end of the day I don't think media executive give a $hit who is elected as long as they have something to talk about so they can sell advertising and keep viewers.

It is frustrating that in countires where people have no choice of leaders they would and have died to have the oportunity to vote for their leaders.

But in counties where people do have the OBLIGATION to vote, they are lazy and instead of becoming part of the solution they become part of the problem by not voting.

Dictators love nothing more than for a populous to sit by and allow leaders to be chosen for them.

The short answer is yes, you are wrong for not voting. There are more choices than a democrat and a republican. Vote for someone else if you dont like the current dem or rep.

Here are the major candidates

Project Vote Smart - 2008 Presidential Candidates

Here are ALLLL the candidates:

Project Vote Smart - 2008 Presidential Candidates in All Parties

And if you dont like any of them, instead of haveing the attitude of WAHHHHHH. I dont like any of the people.

Run yourself. find someone else you respect and have them run.

But yeah, if you don't vote, don't complain.

Once again.... I agree with Mr Biscuit. I may not vote in my town elections....shame on me. However, I ALWAYS vote in the Presidential Election.

You absolutely do have a right to complain! I've never voted and probably never will. They are all scum of the earth politicians! The government is corrupt, they are lying theives. Who do not give a crap about you nor I.

Now if I was to vote, that would make me just as bad as them! Right? I would be that same scum of the earth! I'm not a lying, theiving scumbag!
My vote would be actually "endorsing" the very things that I cant stand that they do to you and I everyday.

Everyone who votes, knows for a fact, that the "Gobment" is very corrupt! Why on gods earth would you want to be an accessory to it?

Ooh, and BTW your vote actually means nothing. Also, think about this. The Government, who we all know is corrupt, are the same ones tallying up the votes dumba$$es...

Your little tiny vote will NEVER make a difference! There will be no change. (nice to think it could, a pipedream for most) Just look how it just keeps getting worse and worse. It is meant to be corrupt. Get it?
So now you got 2 new a$$holes to choose from! For at least another 4 years.... No light at the end of that tunnel.

Sounds unAmerican to me. My 'tiny little vote' does make a difference, to ME!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Back