Lower airbox removal

murphc13

Registered
Hi all.Im just removing the bottom of the airbox to install the abs lines.
Do the long bolts that hold the TB clamps inplace need to be fully removed to remove the airbox?Had a bad experience with tb clamps on another bike and don’t want to ‘go too far’ too soon;)

0A2C7BE1-0C5E-437F-9067-D606C1758397.jpeg

I know what you mean by bad experience. If it's like the ZX-14, those clamps have spacers to prevent over-tightening on the ducts. If you pull the screw out, the spacers fall out.

I know what you mean by bad experience. If it's like the ZX-14, those clamps have spacers to prevent over-tightening on the ducts. If you pull the screw out, the spacers fall out.
RSV4.Oetiker clamp type.TBs should never be removed.No room to put the stock clamps back on unless engine dropped.Some guys use Suzuki clamps but even tightening those is almost impossible with engine in frame.

Ok.Ive never changed lines before.The bits that connect to the abs module I’m unsure of.
Do I just unscrew them and remove and replace with the new ones?Sounds obvious:)
This is the front that I’ll do first

47894B27-090E-4ACE-B6AE-D54E8A3F8911.jpeg

Guys how many of the 4 steel lines coming from the ABS module need to be removed?I have the front one out.Not as easy as I thought it was gonna be.

looking at the book the stock is routed behind the throttle cables . Rotating forward will free up some slack for steering if needed . That pump / line get hot in the engine bay already . leaving a 2 mm air gap from line to block their will be no temp difference in you fluids ;)
I started the job with it rotated forward and wasn’t fully happy with it.I’ll re visit tomorrow maybe(it’s almost 10pm here now).
Thanks C10.

Reactions: c10
Back