ABS lines change?

murphc13

Registered
Hi all.I have a set of ABS lines from HEL Performance ready to go on.My now long sold 2013 I had aftermarket lines changed by my mechanic buddyI’ll be doing this myself.

Question is what needs to be stripped?I haven’t lifted the tank yet.Can the tank be lifted with side panels in place?
Does the airbox need to be removed to change the lines?
I just don’t want to spend too much time at it,sometimes you’re in the mood and other times not ya know what I mean;).

Last edited:
When I did mine, I found to make it easier and less stressful, I removed the front & rear wheel for access to the joiners and removed the tank. Granted my braided lines attached to the solid stainless lines for some of it.

When I did mine, I found to make it easier and less stressful, I removed the front & rear wheel for access to the joiners and removed the tank. Granted my braided lines attached to the solid stainless lines for some of it.
Ok thanks.Do the side panels need to be removed to lift the tank?

On the ABS bike the rear line is a nightmare to remove. Suzuki installs it before the swing arm. I cut mine into 2 pieces to get it out.
It's bolted to the inside of the frame just above the swingarm bolt.
Also the tank does need to be removed as well as the airbox to remove the factory hard lines going to the front.
It make your life way easier.

On the ABS bike the rear line is a nightmare to remove. Suzuki installs it before the swing arm. I cut mine into 2 pieces to get it out.
Also the tank does need to be removed as well as the airbox to remove the factory hard lines going to the front.
Not what I wanted to hear but thanks:).

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks:).
What gixxer said is spot on. I’m in process of doing mine atm as well as putting on a new swingarm and I stalking a quickshifter. So I at least had the good fortune to have the swingarm out of the way :)
But it’s not so bad. I’m about as mechanically inclined as a bear with a sledge hammer and I’m not running across any real issues. Just slow and steady. Rush nothing and get a box of sand which baggies. Every item you undo, place the bolts, fittings I to the baggie and label it. I’ve got about 20 bags at this point but I know where all my bolts go.

My lines were a hybrid kit. They use some of the factory solid lines so I didn't have to remove all of them. The lines attached to them.

I opted for the C10 mod

The rear line from the ABA module or the line from cal-mc?Either way I’m intrigued as to why but I’ll need to get in there to have a look.Thank you.

Back