Low miles

I usually put a lot of miles on my bikes. But I have found my Busa is not as happy just putting around between small towns and going for groceries as previous bike It likes to travel. Fast and long is what I find it does best. And there just has not been time to do many ofthat sort of ride so far

I usually put a lot of miles on my bikes. But I have found my Busa is not as happy just putting around between small towns and going for groceries as previous bike It likes to travel. Fast and long is what I find it does best. And there just has not been time to do many ofthat sort of ride so far

I do have a new 2017 ninja 650 that I ride around town lol. It's barely got 500 miles too, I initially wanted to get it for the track and then twisty's.

In 2015 I picked up a used B King with 16K miles and then broke my knee one week later. Then in 2016 broke some bones when I hit a turkey vulture at 50 mph on my Sportster. Now I have 34K miles on the B King and it see's a lot 1/8 mile dragstrip runs, back roads and twisties here in West Texas.

I don't see any Super Bikes when I go riding just BT's and they are no match even for my Sportster.

There is a man named Thomas White
aka Scar who rides a 2008 Hayabusa
named Wasabi with over 230,000 current
miles not kilometers on an untouched motor .

@ 200,000 I asked how many valve adjustments .

Answer was zero but checked for clearance often .

I have 24,000 trouble free on a 2014 .

Hayabusa 230K Wasabi.jpg

In 2015 I picked up a used B King with 16K miles and then broke my knee one week later. Then in 2016 broke some bones when I hit a turkey vulture at 50 mph on my Sportster. Now I have 34K miles on the B King and it see's a lot 1/8 mile dragstrip runs, back roads and twisties here in West Texas.

I don't see any Super Bikes when I go riding just BT's and they are no match even for my Sportster.

Hitting that turkey vulture should be a trophy worthy achievement. How fast were you going? lol, thats insane! I also noticed you're in texas, I'm in DFW area. Are there any nice trails you recommend?

I was doing 60 mph around a turn when I saw them, got on the brakes and the last one took flight and hit the front end of the bike and it was game over for me. We have few hills around here but most roads are straight which is good for speed runs. Not to sure in DFW ?.

I was doing 60 mph around a turn when I saw them, got on the brakes and the last one took flight and hit the front end of the bike and it was game over for me. We have few hills around here but most roads are straight which is good for speed runs. Not to sure in DFW ?.

I wouldn’t mind traveling. I’m currently driving from LA to DFW right now with my dogs and wife. Stopped at Petrified Forest National Park last night, going to spend a day or two here before heading towards Texas. Maybe I can scope out a few trails for when I want to take the bike up there.

I wouldn’t mind traveling .

I am currently driving from
LA to DFW right now
with my dogs and wife .

Stopped at Petrified Forest National Park last night,
going to spend a day or two here before heading towards Texas .

Maybe I can scope out a few trails
for when I want to take the bike up there .

No stopping at that HUGE hole in the ground ~ would kind of be back tracking from the Petrified Forest National Park *

orig.jpg

We have members with 100K on their bikes. With no overhaul.

I only have 16K on my 03. But I have multiple bikes that spread around miles.

But I also haven't ridden mine in 2 seasons now. Maybe 300 miles. Life sometimes takes us away from our therapy bike.

I have had ZERO issues and it's now 15 years old. Kind of hard to believe I am writing that. My bike still looks and runs like new.

Back