Low miles

Hauie

I've always wondered why all the Hayabusa's I've seen only had like 5-10k miles for a 10+ year old bike. Even most new gen II's are very low miles. Just curious about the longevity of these bikes when clocking really high mileage, and how reliable they are. I haven't seen a thread about that yet, maybe I haven't searched enough.

Last edited:
5-10 miles? My 06 is nearing 63,000 with no problems whatsoever.
635B98C6-D59F-4C47-8F1A-0A269FE95FF1.jpeg

Good catch, I meant 5-10k. Sorry.

And that's a beautiful bike! I put close to 700 miles just to break it in after purchasing it last week. Dealership did my 600 miles maintenance for free.

Nice. I flew to SoCal to get mine and rode it back to NorCal on the coast hiway, over 400 miles. Helluva test ride.:cool:

Nice. I flew to SoCal to get mine and rode it back to NorCal on the coast hiway, over 400 miles. Helluva test ride.:cool:

I’m actually flying back out to SoCal next Wednesday to get my daily car and dogs and bringing them to DFW myself. Recently came back from deployment and I’m making Texas my permanent home. I do wish I could ride that west coast once more though. Especially from SMP to the end of Route 66 and then up near Yosemite and sequoias. I’m planning on taking my wife on a touring trip in a year or so, but I’m trying to teach her so she can ride with me.

I’m actually flying back out to SoCal next Wednesday to get my daily car and dogs and bringing them to DFW myself. Recently came back from deployment and I’m making Texas my permanent home. I do wish I could ride that west coast once more though. Especially from SMP to the end of Route 66 and then up near Yosemite and sequoias. I’m planning on taking my wife on a touring trip in a year or so, but I’m trying to teach her so she can ride with me.

Thank you for your service.

Personally, I put 5k miles on my bike every two months. Has been very reliable.

Thank you for your service.

Personally, I put 5k miles on my bike every two months. Has been very reliable.

Thanks! We work in basically the same field, I’m just more of a field medic. I was just concerned about if I can actually tour this bike reliably and you guys answered it. Great forum/content!

I live just outside Yosemite. I flew to DFW a couple years back and then ubered to Wichita Falls to buy my car from a famous Texan, retired NHRA top fuel champion Eddie Hill. I drove home via Montana! Again, another helluva test drive!:D (I love Glacier NP).:firing:
AC2BBE2A-D6B3-4188-AE36-BC735D22C416.jpeg

EB10D57F-BFE3-401E-8514-379204577DC0.jpeg

I live just outside Yosemite. I flew to DFW a couple years back and then ubered to Wichita Falls to buy my car from a famous Texan, retired NHRA top fuel champion Eddie Hill. I drove home via Montana! Again, another helluva test drive!:D (I love Glacier NP).:firing:View attachment 1585479
View attachment 1585480

Definitely something I have to check out! I’m driving through Petrified Forest National Park next week with my two GSDs and wife. So I’m lookin forward to that!

There is a man named Thomas White aka Scar who rides a 2008 named Wasabi with over 227,000 current miles not km on a untouched motor. @ 200,000 I asked how many valve adjustments. Answer was zero but checked for clearance often.

I have 24,000 trouble free on a 2014.

Back