Lots of footpeg vibration-normal on new bike?

skater69

Registered
I get no vibration/buzz thru the handlebars at all....no complaints there.  But the footpegs really vibrate at various rpm but usually at higher speeds.  It feels like my feet awould go totally numb if I had to go on a 3 hr ride.   I only have about 200 mi on the bike so far and this is the only gripe I have.   Love the power but unforuntately the acceleration and peg vibration seem to go hand in hand.  Does this lessen as the bike breaks in?  I have a pcIII and yosh pipes....never riddden the bike stock so can't compare.  Do you just get used to the vibration?  I ride with good boots as well.  My XX doesn't vibrate at all thru the pegs...which will probably make it tougher to accept the vibes I get on the Busa.

BTW....my chain has the right amount of slack. Adjusted it the day I brought the bike home.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127507185 -->

My '05 has almost no peg vibes (the handlebars do, though). Hmmmm.......
rock.gif

Check all of the mounting bolts. Wouldn't surprise me at all if one or all are loose.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|BusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127508554 -->

the PEG mounting bolts is what you're referring to right?

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127508941 -->

Check the pic. Check the tightness of the 3 bolts that are in the three colored holes. The entire rearset is rubber mounted so I don't know if it will help any, but it's worth a look.
smile.gif

SU0120_043.gif

I get very little vibriation thorugh either the pegs are bars. I should feel more once I remove the rubber pegs and put on the solid ones.

Deano-

If you are just breaking the bike in, - then you are riding it according to the factory requirements?

If so, then you are hovering around 4k rpms? - Pretty vibratory area of the rev range there, - in real life you will either shift up a gear and cruise, or punch through that RPM range and go fast...

But to hover around 4k is pretty much a high area of vibration, if I remember correctly.

If you are just breaking the bike in, - then you are riding it according to the factory requirements?
That would be a negative.....since about 50 mi, I've been riding the shid out of it but nothing north of 8K rpm.......the vibes seem to come from more than just 4k-5K but I'll have to take not the next time I ride. I

Check your chain tension, and check that the chain is centered over the rear sprocket. The alignment guides on the swingarm aren't precise enough to get good chain alignment. Get the rear up on a stand, spin the tire with your hand and look to see if the teeth are centered on the rollers of the chain. If not, make small adjustments with your axle adjusting bolts until centered. 4000 rpm is 70 mph with stock gearing, so you'll want to be comfy there.

Check your chain tension, and check that the chain is centered over the rear sprocket.  The alignment guides on the swingarm aren't precise enough to get good chain alignment.  Get the rear up on a stand, spin the tire with your hand and look to see if the teeth are centered on the rollers of the chain.  If not, make small adjustments with your axle adjusting bolts until centered.   4000 rpm is 70 mph with stock gearing, so you'll want to be comfy there.
Tension is pretty much on spec.  To check the rest....well......I need to get a Pitbull eventually.....might as well do it now...  
smile.gif

And yeah.....like I'm ever gonna be going 70 on the Busa...well maybe on my way to cruising speed......or in church parking lots..  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127520116 -->

i have to change my foot position on the pegs every soo often to keep the feet from falling asleep. It was worse when i ran the 16/42 setup then with the 16/40 and i can't even remember what the 17/40 stock gears felt like. If you find a cheap solution please share it i'm sure that several of us have the same problem.

Didn't notice the vibration until I went with solid pegs. But even with the solids, I have to be on the bike 2 1/2 to 3 hrs before it starts bothering me.

I never noticed vibration in the footpegs until I rode once with cross trainers on; I always wear boots, though not really heavy duty ones. With the shoes it was a definite buzz, though I wasn't on the bike long enough for it to be bothersome.

cool.gif

I've spent up to 14 hours in one day on my Busa and I've never had bad vibes in the foot pegs causing my feet to go numb. Handle bars are awesome too. From 4500 to 5000 it gets the rumble feel where my knees contact the gas tank, I don't like it but it's the nature of the beast.

If it's a high frequency vibration (which can cause muscle tension and be painful) I'd take it back to the dealer and insist they sync the throttle bodies. Usually though you'll feel that in the handle bars too. Of course being that you're dealing with Suzuki, they'll automatically tell you the vibes are normal and not even want to look at the bike. Before they even open their mouth cut 'em off in their tracks and tell them your brother has a Busa that doesn't vibrate at all compared to yours.

Good advice.....I'll do the manual checks and if nothing changes, I'll eventually take it to the dealer. B/c the vibration I'm talking about isn't the kind where you only "notice" wearing crosstraingers. These vibes will rattle right thru both pairs of riding boots I have.

...I had a lil bit viberation in the foopeg when I first got my bike!! It's not been there after the first service

Back