Need advice please....my buzzy '05

skater69

Registered
Posted before regarding this...'05 has some annoying peg/bar buzz (mostly peg) in various rpms...not just the 4500-5K area.  It comes and goes but it's there and annoying.  Bike has 450 mi.  I just removed the Yosh pipes and PCIII...they were installed new on the bike.  Bike's running a bit better bone stock but still vibes.  I like the bike but the buzziness definitely can be a buzz kill (no pun intended).  Of my last 4 bikes (Magna,GL1800, SV650, Blackbird), none of them had anything close the amount of vibration this bike is putting out.

So a friend just got an '05 as well (about 100 mi).  He took mine out for a ride today.  Came back and said mine has some noticeablr vibration that his doesn't have....that it's NOT in my head. Then I rode his.  His seemed to vibrate less and felt smoother.  Took his straight thru the gears to 100 and it was smooth......the same thing on mine will produce some vibes along the way for sure.

So what to do now?  Maybe this will iron itself out as the bike breaks in.  But I'm thinking when I take it in for the 600 mi service to tell the dealer to address it.   I'm just not in the mood for a big fight with the dealer....and them telling me....it's normal, all bikes vibe...etc.....but might have to since I find the vibes pretty annoying.

Another option I've thrown around in my head is just trade the bike in on something else.  I have my Blackbird so already a fast bike in the garage.  If they gave me 9K for the Busa, I could tack on my loss to something like an SV650 and still have a low payment.  I used to own an SV650.....and it was super smooth....no vibes at all.  I just have this idea to avoid dealing with the BS that I'll probably have to go thru w/the dealer unless this all dissipates as I get more mi on the bike.......
Anyway....any opinions would be appreciated.

Here's a pic of my buddy and the bikes.  Mine is red/blk
buzzynsmooth.jpg

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128311192 -->

Dont know what to tell ya man, the Busa is a bad mofo, smooth engine IMO. The SV650 is rougher IMO.

Maybe yours does have a problem?

I would definitely take it to the dealer That's what the warranty is for. You may not want to deal with the BS, but if you enjoy the bike and don't want to take a loss sounds like a deal. If, however, you aren't enjoying it then get rid of it. I love mine and when it sits I hate it. Can't imagine if I didn't like it and had it sittin' in the garage. Good luck.

Well seein as skater posted a goofy pic of me I get to get payback  
devil.gif

1694594skater69eyes.JPG

It does buzz/vibrate more than mine and his pipe is also a bit closer to the pegs than mine too. Its nothing "scary" to me, but it is for sure there

I notice some vibration around 4500 in the hand grips, but it's not bad. That's why I tend to shift into 6th on the highway, because the rpms drop. I've never felt anything from the pegs. Maybe my feet are just insensitive, because I've heard some people talk about the pegs.

You buddies bike is better 'cause its blue/silver like mine. There the best.

Had a bad vibe "sound" in mine, but it was only that anoying sound. Bike feels ok. Found out it was the crappy windscreen.

Theres a fix for that, I think you have add washers to the peg to frame mount... I think if I remember correctly...

Back