throttle bodies need to be synched??

skater69

Registered
Well I've been bitchin' about the excessive vibes I get thru the pegs and bars on my '05. Had the 600 mi service done today. Mechanic calls me and tells me yeah....my bike was vibrating a lot when he rode it b/c my chain was too tight. He adjusted it and said no more vibes. I thought...BS...I checked my chain before bringing it in and slack was within spec.

I rode it home. It vibrates worse now than it did before. I took my Blackbird out for a 15 mi ride....wailed on it some and cruised at 95.....smooth as glass everywhere....no complaints. Parked and immediately took out the Busa on the same route.....wailed on it, cruised at 95.....one big vibration thru the bars/pegs...not just at 4500-5K but pretty much 4500 and and up.....couldn't wait to park it. The only time the Busa is smooth is below 3K rpm. If I can't get this vibration fixed or greatly lessened....I'll be dumping the bike for sure. It's a shame b/c the suspension and riding position is nicer than my XX. But right now riding it feels like a chore...just something I tolerate.

So my final step is to tell the dealer I bought it from to synch the throttle bodies and address this crap. If they do the synch and no change......it will be bye bye Busa unfortunately.

Well I've been bitchin' about the excessive vibes I get thru the pegs and bars on my '05.  Had the 600 mi service done today.  Mechanic calls me and tells me yeah....my bike was vibrating a lot when he rode it b/c my chain was too tight.  He adjusted it and said no more vibes.  I thought...BS...I checked my chain before bringing it in and slack was within spec.

I rode it home.  It vibrates worse now than it did before.  I took my Blackbird out for a 15 mi ride....wailed on it some and cruised at 95.....smooth as glass everywhere....no complaints.  Parked and immediately took out the Busa on the same route.....wailed on it, cruised at 95.....one big vibration thru the bars/pegs...not just at 4500-5K but pretty much 4500 and and up.....couldn't wait to park it.  The only time the Busa is smooth is below 3K rpm.  If I can't get this vibration fixed or greatly lessened....I'll be dumping the bike for sure.  It's a shame b/c the suspension and riding position is nicer than my XX.  But right now riding it feels like a chore...just something I tolerate.

So my final step is to tell the dealer I bought it from to synch the throttle bodies and address this crap.  If they do the synch and no change......it will be bye bye Busa unfortunately.
Somethings up with your Busa cause' those kinda vibes aint normal. Find out the prob if you can before you dump it.

Tell your dealer to "Make It Right"!
If they don't.......Go to another dealer!
It can be fixxed. Your problem is not normal.
If the other dealer does "Make It Right" stick with them and tell the other one they lost your business!

Unfortunately it is normal for the Busa to buzz around 70 & 90 in sixth. First harmonic seems to come in around 4k rpm, not sure of the rpm for the next one. It is just a "buzz", felt mainly in the pegs. If you are feeling a serious vibration it may actually be a problem. I'd call BS on the chain adjustment too.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128511030 -->

Well I've been bitchin' about the excessive vibes I get thru the pegs and bars on my '05.  Had the 600 mi service done today.  Mechanic calls me and tells me yeah....my bike was vibrating a lot when he rode it b/c my chain was too tight.  He adjusted it and said no more vibes.  I thought...BS...I checked my chain before bringing it in and slack was within spec.

I rode it home.  It vibrates worse now than it did before.  I took my Blackbird out for a 15 mi ride....wailed on it some and cruised at 95.....smooth as glass everywhere....no complaints.  Parked and immediately took out the Busa on the same route.....wailed on it, cruised at 95.....one big vibration thru the bars/pegs...not just at 4500-5K but pretty much 4500 and and up.....couldn't wait to park it.  The only time the Busa is smooth is below 3K rpm.  If I can't get this vibration fixed or greatly lessened....I'll be dumping the bike for sure.  It's a shame b/c the suspension and riding position is nicer than my XX.  But right now riding it feels like a chore...just something I tolerate.

So my final step is to tell the dealer I bought it from to synch the throttle bodies and address this crap.  If they do the synch and no change......it will be bye bye Busa unfortunately.
In my opinion you are comparing a cadillac to a muscle car. Although, the same power might be within each, one will have a different ride than the other, one more refiined (XX) and the other more rebellious.
I am not saying that there might not be a problem. I have ridden XXs before, and these are sweet and smooth machines. The day I got on my first hayabusa, the difference was extreme to say the least. Even at idle you could tell that they were very different monsters.
I would suggest that you go and ride another hayabusa and compare the vibrations you feel with that one to the ones on yours. Vibrations of a level that would bother me could come from many places but I would suspect the rear end assembly initially.
Hope you get it sorted,
peace out

jim
smile.gif

So are you two saying that out of sync throttle bodies won't cause an annoying as hell vibration?

I dont think its tire balance as it is engine rpm sympathetic. ( I rode his bike) The buzz feels almost to me like the engine isn't completly isolated

I get a buzz at 4500 as well.. from what I've read it's the nature of the beast. I hear a TRE will fix it though. ;)

I dont think its tire balance as it is engine rpm sympathetic. ( I rode his bike) The buzz feels almost to me like the engine isn't completly isolated
xzvs have you rode any other Busa's besides his? If so does it feel normal?
Iv'e never ridden an XX before but I've ridden tons of other bikes, and my Busa is one of the smoothest I've ridden. Except for the vibes from about 4500 to around 5 or so the bikes plenty smooth. Either the XX might be super smooth and he's being a bit picky or his bike has a counter-balancer prob. With stock gearing if he feels any vibes below 4500 rpm-80 mph in top gear then something aint right.
He at least needs to put 750-1000 miles on it before he dumps it.....thats when it really starts to develope its power and everything starts to smooth out.

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128570461 -->

I have only ridden his and mine. It doesn't feel "bad" to me but it does have more vibration than mine. I noticed it at 4-5k and when accelerating. I was kinda leaning towards an "isolation" problem more than mechanical.
Skater has ridden mine for comparisons sake too

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128571749 -->

I have had 2 XX's and maybe I'm just spoiled by them. One was brand new when I got it and was smooth from day 1.  Inf fact when I brought it home it was hard for me to come to grips on how buttery smooth and fast it was at the same time.  My current XX had 1630 mi on it when I picked it up and it's the same.  Think it's a combo of my Busa being a bit on the buzzy side of Busas and me being used to the way the XX delivers the goods.  I've never even thought about bike vibration until I got the Busa.

I sold it tonight for $9700 cash w/653 mi on it.  Figure I'll take my $1K hit and be done with it now rather than hope things better and if they don't take a bigger hit.  I rode it 66 mi on the hwy to deliver it to a rich guy who's got a Harely and a chopper.  He rode his friend's turbo Busa last week and "had to have one".  I sold him my extra Shoei X-11 since he doesn't have a full face.  I told him to please take it easy and respect the bike.  I don't wanna hear I sold it to a guy who's in the hospital in a month or worse.

The Busa would be be smooth as long as I was going 85 in 6th.  If I went faster it would start vibrating.....any time I dip into the power and rev her up...the power hits hard and so do the vibes.  Cruising at higher speeds blew.   It was tolerable but not much fun.  Maybe it was just my Busa but I don't miss it at all.  At least I still gotta bike that makes me happy....that's all that really matters..  My rule of thumb from now on though.....NEVER buy a bike w/out lastly taking it out for a test run.  If I had done this I'm positive I wouldn't have bought it....or at least not the one I brought home.

Anyway, thanks to all on this board for the tips/feedback/opinions and listening to me b!tch......great group here.  See ya on the road....ride safe.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128591256 -->

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. In defense of the busa, one of the things I love about my 05 is how smooth it is at higher speeds!
It's the luck of the draw, I guess, when you buy a new bike. I have never been at a dealer that will let you test drive YOUR bike until you sign the dotted line and fork over the $$$.

Mine has minimal vibration, say around 5k rpms(90MPH) then it just goes away. Anyway sorry to hear you sold it.

I have had 2 XX's and maybe I'm just spoiled by them. One was brand new when I got it and was smooth from day 1.  Inf fact when I brought it home it was hard for me to come to grips on how buttery smooth and fast it was at the same time.  My current XX had 1630 mi on it when I picked it up and it's the same.  Think it's a combo of my Busa being a bit on the buzzy side of Busas and me being used to the way the XX delivers the goods.  I've never even thought about bike vibration until I got the Busa.

I sold it tonight for $9700 cash w/653 mi on it.  Figure I'll take my $1K hit and be done with it now rather than hope things better and if they don't take a bigger hit.  I rode it 66 mi on the hwy to deliver it to a rich guy who's got a Harely and a chopper.  He rode his friend's turbo Busa last week and "had to have one".  I sold him my extra Shoei X-11 since he doesn't have a full face.  I told him to please take it easy and respect the bike.  I don't wanna hear I sold it to a guy who's in the hospital in a month or worse.

The Busa would be be smooth as long as I was going 85 in 6th.  If I went faster it would start vibrating.....any time I dip into the power and rev her up...the power hits hard and so do the vibes.  Cruising at higher speeds blew.   It was tolerable but not much fun.  Maybe it was just my Busa but I don't miss it at all.  At least I still gotta bike that makes me happy....that's all that really matters..  My rule of thumb from now on though.....NEVER buy a bike w/out lastly taking it out for a test run.  If I had done this I'm positive I wouldn't have bought it....or at least not the one I brought home.

Anyway, thanks to all on this board for the tips/feedback/opinions and listening to me b!tch......great group here.  See ya on the road....ride safe.
Sorry to hear that...as long as you have a ride you enjoy thats all that matters
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Too bad you didn't like the Busa tho, its a helluva bike once you break it in and get used to it
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
eyes.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Back