Lost my first Soldier to combat....

Jessup, I'm familiar with Fiddlers Green, all too often in times like this I tend to forget all that I've learned. Reading the replies over and over I bring back a part of me I have lost touch with, the seemingly cold side. What I mean is, when it is someone you dont know, its not personal, it saddens you surely, but not to the same extent. When it is personal, you tend to lose focus of how to cope, the ability to look at the "brigher side" and know that he is in true peace now etc.. I guess thats why we all need someone, someone to talk to, to listen and bring us back to the rational side of life. Thanks guys.

Sorry to hear about this! Sounds like you guys have trained many soldiers with skill though. One death is too many in this "government" oriented war though!
God Bless and prayers sent!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR MILITARY!! You guys and gals keep us safe and I want to thank you for that!
bowdown.gif

especially when its over something so f*cked politically speaking[/Quote]
A few of us older folks have seen this episode play out once before. The CNC is desperately seeking a way out, so just hang in there and stay low.
sad.gif

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you indeed.

--Wag--

I do not see how this could offend anyone. I am sorry for your loss and to our fallen solder....[/Quote]

Amen to that
sad.gif

Del

(CAT3 @ Dec. 20 2006,17:39)
(heavybusa @ Dec. 20 2006,17:36) I wish the best to his family, he was trained well and served beyond the call.

THE FALLEN SOLDIER
by Patricia Krull

Don't weep for me
O' land of the free,
When it was my time to fall
'Twas for my country's call
'Twas for the land that I loved
That I gave my all,
And for the land that I loved
I did freely give,
And in her freedom and her
courage
I'll continue to live.
Excellent.... saving this, thanks.
Sorry to hear the sad news. My prayers are with you. That was a very beautiful poem.

Back