Loss of power.

OB_alachuakid

Registered
I'm a new 00 Busa owner, and have a problem.
My bike has 1300 miles on it a just developed
a loss of power that occurs after the bike has been ridden for about 5 minutes, and quits after about 10 minutes. It sounds and feels like the bike is choking. Once it even
shut off while stopping at a light. My local
dealer couldn't duplicate the problem. Any one have an idea of what this could be?

Possible loose connection to the electronic Fuel pump or lost of proper fuel pressure to the EFI due to kinked fuel line hose.Check to see if any of your indicator readings come on where the clock setting is,Remove your seat and jumper the dealers test maintance connector which is on the left side of the seat "only two wire connector" and check your service manual to see what status signal code comes up on your clock screen when the maintance connector is jumpered.Good Luck

I also have a 2000 busa with the same symptoms! Mine doesnt happen all the time but when it does happen it feels as if the bike is popping and running out of gas. When I rev it up a little bit it comes out of it. My bike has also stalled at a traffic light as I was trying to take off....it hasnt happened lately / I have 2100 miles on it now.

Back