Brief loss of power

rehed21

Registered
Hi everyone,

I was riding today on the interstate and without warning I lost power briefly - went from 4400 rpm to idle then right back up, and then about a minute later it did the same thing. No FI light. I kept riding for about another 30 minutes with no other problems or reoccurence. It's a 2001 with about 16k miles, pair valve removed, air box mod, tre. I am running fuel with Stabil in. I had done a top gear roll on to about 160 just about a minute or two prior to the problem occurring, but I did another one after with no problems. Anyone else ever experience that or know what may have caused it? Thanks.

Steve

I've experienced something similar on another bike (not a busa) and it ended up being a loose electrical connection. Not one that completely killed the power to the bike, but a wire to the ignition system.

I have had a similar problem on my 2000. Mine has an external fuel pump and it was as if it was starved of fuel and started to die on me while doing 90mph. I opened up my fuel pump to find the there is a small rubber 0 ring washer which was solid and had broken up. changed that and no problem after. not sure if this helps you but hopefully it does

Back