looking for a trackbike?

vman1300

Never Forgotten
This may be a repost but, anyhoo. NESBA is selling the Yamaha demo bikes from the 2008 season. They currently have 3 2008 r1's and with less that 600 miles for $8500 per bike. To my knowledge, all the R6's are gone.

If you are a player in this offer, shoot me an email and I will get you in touch with the proper folks.

kevin@sofastsoclean.com

I am ACTIVELY shopping for my track bike Kev.... with a Barber date set for the 14th of March I HAVE to have one by then as I promised the Busa that I'd get him some relief!

Looking at an '08 R1 at local dealership and I expect an OTD price of $10K - it comes with GYTR (I think thats the name) carbon cans. If this pans out I'll have 1.5 weeks to break it in before the track sessions green flag.... Dealer is begging me to put some hold money on it.

Also flirting with Ducati but DAYUM those suckers are expensive and problematic - never kept me from having a woman though.
Again, dealership is nearly begging me to put some hold money on a '08 1098 demo model with 714 miles - $15K OTD.

I cant buy until late Feb so this opportunity may be gone by then anyway... $8.5K?
For another $1.5 Im on a new bike with no french fries under the seat...

but all that said, keep me in mind dude, I might (because of my indecision) be in a pinch by March first!

I sure would like to see some pics!

I have sent a PM over to the poster at the R1-Forum. I will have you an emaill addy and maybe pice as soon as they are sent over.

I am ACTIVELY shopping for my track bike Kev.... with a Barber date set for the 14th of March I HAVE to have one by then as I promised the Busa that I'd get him some relief!

Looking at an '08 R1 at local dealership and I expect an OTD price of $10K - it comes with GYTR (I think thats the name) carbon cans. If this pans out I'll have 1.5 weeks to break it in before the track sessions green flag.... Dealer is begging me to put some hold money on it.

Also flirting with Ducati but DAYUM those suckers are expensive and problematic - never kept me from having a woman though.
Again, dealership is nearly begging me to put some hold money on a '08 1098 demo model with 714 miles - $15K OTD.

I cant buy until late Feb so this opportunity may be gone by then anyway... $8.5K?
For another $1.5 Im on a new bike with no french fries under the seat...

but all that said, keep me in mind dude, I might (because of my indecision) be in a pinch by March first!

$10k out the door is a deal as well. Especially with the GYTR cans. I know folks have different ways to break their bikes in, but IMO those motors NEED to see RPM. Not some crappy only 4k till here and then 8k to here and so on...

I have sent for more info and pics of the remaing three. Next year I think I am gonna pick up a r6 from them.....

The one thing that makes me say no to the Duc, is mantience costs and parts prices. On the Yamaha you can get a new upper for less than $100.00....try that on the 1098....awsome machines. But impractical for a dedicated track machine there again just my opinion.

Not only does the R1 fit me better, it fits my wallet even better.

Back