look what i just bought

for the internet (or corp. firewall) challenged
wink.gif

busapartsebay.jpg

Good find! Should look cool on the bike....red and black.....hmmmmm...might give you the fastest "honda" on the street!!

thats funny considering i ride daily with a 954. i just oaid the guy over the phone by credit card and he seemed on the up and up. i always try to use credit card cause one time i got crap, called cap one and put a stop payment on the transation. i warned him of this and he said id be happy. he rated the paint job as not a super show quality but as good or better than factory. it also has dupont chroma base paint with the according clearcoat. he also told me they used dupont clear instead of the crappy nassan or what ever the name is and it is crap cause ive used it. hopefully it will be as good as it seems and ill be happy. he also assured me he can beat anyones prices on anything for busas as he is building his buisness. well see it should go out today and ill have it the middle of next week:D

That is a great find.  Damn good deal.  I noticed that the side panels have the holes already cut for frame sliders too...
cool.gif
 Just wish I could find me a starter for mine...
mad.gif

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087595815 -->

I would actually sell the carbon front fender or have it painted to match the red, Then paint your front wheel red to match and leave the rear wheel black. Then do some Fresh/different Black Flames Leading front to rear...

ill just be happy to have a nice paint scheme that isnt rashe and 3 different colors. i cant wait to actually be proud when people say nice bike and mean it. i dont know what to say now when people say it cuz my bile is ugly to me. still a busa though and people recognize and respect the kanji...:p

thats funny considering i ride daily with a 954.  i just oaid the guy over the phone by credit card and he seemed on the up and up.  i  always try to use credit card cause one time i got crap, called cap one and put a stop payment on the transation.  i warned him of this and he said id be happy.  he rated the paint job as not a super show quality but as good or better than factory.  it also has dupont chroma base paint with the according clearcoat.  he also told me they used dupont clear instead of the crappy nassan or what ever the name is and it is crap cause ive used it.  hopefully it will be as good as it seems and ill be happy.  he also assured me he can beat anyones prices on anything for busas as he is building his buisness.  well see it should go out today and ill have it the middle of next week:D
It's spelled Nason, and it's made by Dupont. I sold it alongside Dupont when I worked for a Dupont jobber (3 years). Their clear, while I don't use it, is actually not a bad clear. Not top shelf, but not crap either. It's basically older Dupont clears that were replaced by newer, lower VOC versions according to some Nason reps.

It's Nason's tint bases and color matches that stink. The Nason line doesn't have the extensive tint base selection that Chromabase has so matchin' a factory color very close just isn't gonna happen. That's one of the reasons it's cheaper. The color match R&D wasn't put into it.

I've seen some gorgeous Nason base/clear jobs that held up very well. I have a good friend that has several street machines he builds himself and all of them have Nason on 'em. Trust me, if you saw his cars at a show or saw him out cruisin' you'd never know he saved a few bucks on paint.

I've sprayed a fair amount of Nason. Especially solid color, single stage urethane (no clearcoat) while helpin' shops who done the lower $$ paint job thing. I've also used Nason on some practice/demo pieces to save money since it was just playin' around. Never had any problems with it at all. Really the only reason I would use top shelf Dupont stuff now over Nason is for the incremental improvements of the newer PPG and Dupont stuff. There is a difference, but in all reality it's not that much.
wink.gif

im counting the days to finally looking respectable again!
biggrin.gif

although all people see is the tail anyway so i guess the double hmfs screaming do the trick! either way i hope it goes as smooth as good buisness should.

ok what a dissappointment! ebay will kill me one day. listen to this. i get the fedex and im pretty excited and BAM i open the boxes and become pretty furious. the tank is the old style so i cant just pug it in but it gets worse. the paint has fisheyes in it and its bad. i also can see the black original paint all around the edges 2" up the sides. the nose has the winshield brackets gone and the bolt holes are fiberglassed over. im like wtf. the side fairings have no less than 6 fiberglass repairs to them and both center mounting holes were crushed and repaired badly.overspray everywhere and the frame slider holes were probably cut with a dremmel and arent even round. the tail has scuffs and scratches on it and they also left the grommets in all the pieces while they were painted. im pretty sure there was no primer and it must have been realy trashed. all the foam from the fairings is gone and they also have lots of dust in the paint.all of the edges of everything is also still black so they must have been laying down when sprayed. i payed with visa and ive already put a stop payment on the transaction and ill have the money back in a day or two. then they will investigate and make a final decision. i asked many specific questions and was assured the body was in near perfect shape and the paint was as good or better than factory. i caled them today and he freaked out on me and said it was all perfect when he shipped it out. i have all the emails and will be fine other than the hassle. ebay has also been notified. im looking for another complete body set that is a factory scheme or after market so if you have one let me know. i need one asap since i sold mine last week and i have nothing. it happens, just wish not to me.:( . ill be looking good some day. oh and pay with credit card when you can so you can have the upper hand. i dont know how paypal works but ive done this before and if they lied, you get you cash back fast cause they just withdraw it from their account before they get it. i need a body. i appreciate the help and the kind words that i know are on the way:D

im getting my money so im not really worried but i did get punked. they are in houston texas

C&M Precision Cycles
11430 Bissonnet, Ste. A-11
Houston, TX 77099
(281) 498-1574

do not do buisness with these idiots:angry:

gsxr750@myway.com
heres the email. feel free to send them all the email you like.

they told me it doesnt matter if he told me it was in perfect condition because thats his opinion. i told him cheeck your account cause its gonna be lighter and if you want the crap back youll have to send me money to ship it! he promptly hung up on me!
biggrin.gif
ill be calling him everyday just to say hi!
mad.gif

just for humor, the guy emails me today and says it doesnt matter what he said because anything on ebay is "as is" and i should have see the problems in the pics. so i replied. oh and when i called and asked you "are these plastics in good condition besides having new paint?" he replied, "these are perfect and ready to go, the paint is real nice too." so the way i see it, as is doesnt apply! get ready to send me some cash to get your stuff back. he also keeps saying if i expected to get perfect parts i should have bought new ones for over 3000. is it my fault i was told i was getting a good deal? should i expect less because of a good price regardless of what his description is? i dont think so! this guy is really pissing me off and if i for some reason dont get my cash. i dont know what ill do but ill probably be planning a trip to texas with the fellas!
mad.gif

Back