Look out Busa and ZX14

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Just read in the July 07 issue of Sport Rider that MV Agusta claims its new F4 R312 hit a top speed of 193mph (312kph) in its street legal configuration. Keep in mind this is only a litre bike! I think that for $24,995.00 I still love my Busa!

Not a bad lookin scoot . I like the swing arm

07_f4_r.JPG

I guess MV Agusta wasnt involved with the gentlemans agreement to keep the bikes at 186 mph.

Can't remember the exact number, but Cycleworld just had a comparison and they only got 176 or so MPH out of it.

(Pipefighter248 @ Jul. 04 2007,06:52) Can't remember the exact number, but Cycleworld just had a comparison and they only got 176 or so MPH out of it.
I read a fw things (inc the cycle world article) saying that they couldn't get it to break 180mph

Maybe it just needs a T.R.E. . Sexy bike none the less . I like the way the incorporated the turn signals in the mirrors .

gee...$24K and it looks like they almost put a seat on it too!
laugh.gif

i guess my thinkings opposite of a lot of folks here...i love my busa for it's kickazz powerband...amazing agility and handling for a bike of it's mass & weight and?...it's all day long riding comfort..sorta like an ST1300 except way sexier, far more powerful and actually handles..therefore?..i have found my utopian streetbike in my busa...now?...if i wanted a trackbike?...i'm looking at something like a $4K R6 that ain't gonna hold me back or pi$$ me off if i toss it a time or two...but not a $24K F4...yet another fine example of "garage jewelery"...ready to be parked righjt next to an unridden duc in some rich boys stable..so he can snap pix to post on the net and say..."look what i got".
laugh.gif

cynical...aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, first off those puke turn signal mirrors that they give you in california, that, thank God they didn't put on the '08 Busa, that could not be of any use. I can't use the Busa mirrors when leaning, but those mirrors are next to the nose. Second too much money. Third doesn't meet the 200 mark.
rant.gif

If I bought a GSX- R 1000 I would have to do the Busa mirror mod
laugh.gif

GSXR1000K7.jpg

(JINKSTER @ Jul. 04 2007,08:28) gee...$24K and it looks like they almost put a seat on it too!
laugh.gif

i guess my thinkings opposite of a lot of folks here...i love my busa for it's kickazz powerband...amazing agility and handling for a bike of it's mass & weight and?...it's all day long riding comfort..sorta like an ST1300 except way sexier, far more powerful and actually handles..therefore?..i have found my utopian streetbike in my busa...now?...if i wanted a trackbike?...i'm looking at something like a $4K R6 that ain't gonna hold me back or pi$$ me off if i toss it a time or two...but not a $24K F4...yet another fine example of "garage jewelery"...ready to be parked righjt next to an unridden duc in some rich boys stable..so he can snap pix to post on the net and say..."look what i got".
laugh.gif

cynical...aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Exactly what I was thinking...
laugh.gif

Then when they do ride it, it's the local 500
with no helmet and leather birkenstocks.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Jul. 04 2007,10:28) gee...$24K and it looks like they almost put a seat on it too!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cynical...aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I think completely the opposite- if I paid that much for something that beautiful and fun I would ride the hell out of it!

Parking that in the garage and only looking at it would be like having Angelina Jolie for a wife and not ever touching her...

just an unnatural act!!
SHOCKED.gif
eek2.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(tinmann @ Jul. 04 2007,07:42) I agree that 24K is way too much
yepper...it sho is!
laugh.gif

and the worst part is that most of that extra dough being paid is for the benefit of having chosen "euro styling" over "race functional"

jus think what you could do with a brand new $10,000 G1K just rolled off the floor with....the extra $14,000 dollars you saved...custom race bodywork and paint...Ohlins and brembos all around...custom race instrumentation/dash...$3K worth of motor work...a custom GP Exhaust from hell, custom race leathers/lid to match and enough left over for a stable of tires on CF rims...or?.....

an f4 (which will never be "modded" ) anwill remain just another expensive toy that...in stock configs?..."never will do MORE THAN 193mph"....see whaddi mean vern?
laugh.gif

or maybe i'm just a suzuki zealot.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back