Living With Your Hayabusa

I have a company car and free gas:laugh:and still take the FALQN to work as much as possible!

:laugh: Me too. I have a company car and gas too but I still take my busa to work. Am a medical sales rep and I move from place to place making business calls and meetings. You can just picture me arriving for a meeting with executives on a Busa in a suit. I love it, especially the reactions I get from people.

I've been riding mine daily for about 5 months. My other (running) vehicle is a 454 crew cab dually, so I get 3-4X the fuel mileage riding the bike.

I ride in the rain unless it's really storming hard, or if I need to take my Great Dane somewhere...etc.

The biggest hassle is putting on and off the gear. Sometimes that takes as long as actually getting to the "corner store"...actually making the truck quicker to get there and back to my couch.

Get yourself a selection of tank bags so you can do grocery shopping and such (one bag's worth anyway).
A medium sized (12L?) magnetic for around town, and a larger bag (i.e....XL bag) for times when you need to carry a bit more. I would suggest the larger bag use straps, and you can leave those on.
You'd be surprised how much you use tank bags when riding daily even for small stuff. It keeps me from having to fill and empty my pockets all the time. Just toss in wallet, phone, keys...all in one place. If I decide I need milk, or a trip through the drive through... you quickly learn to pack it (don't order the soda).

If it rains in your part of the world, put a hand towel in the tank bag...comes in handy, and possibly a high-vis rain coat that you can put over your MC jacket.

My particular Busa is set up for an older man...

It has:

Helibars (slightly easier on the wrists)
Knight lowered foot pegs (knees and back)

Those don't really change the look of the bike much...even when riding (see Avatar photo), but they do make it a little more comfortable for sitting at lights or in traffic...etc.

All and all I've really enjoyed the Busa as a daily driver. I don't think I would want to be without something that had 4 wheels completely though. A low cost (insurance too) vehicle with heat/air/roof is one of the best Busa acc's I can think of.

Regards
Sean

The Busa is a fast, nimble machine, but as you have said it is very unforgiving. By that I mean you are riding a machine with so much power that you have to first master the throttle. What other vehicles can you say that about? It is a heavy machine with a long wheel base. That makes it stable, but requires strength and precision, especially at low speeds with unpredictable corners and stops.

For me, a daily ride is going to include at the minimum a 160 mph run. I like to get on a 3 or 4 lane highway, and look at cars as an obstacle course. If there is any room, I'll pass my way through. If not, I'll either go between cars or around them on the emergency lane. The trick in this is to drop the hammer really hard so that the obstacles don't have time to get in my way. At a minimum, I get a smile, and if I can do three or four cars in a row, then that's a yell.

I consider my 05 a toy, not a vehicle. My mileage is low, but it was acquired very quickly. :laugh:

I've been riding mine daily for about 5 months. My other (running) vehicle is a 454 crew cab dually, so I get 3-4X the fuel mileage riding the bike.

I ride in the rain unless it's really storming hard, or if I need to take my Great Dane somewhere...etc.

The biggest hassle is putting on and off the gear. Sometimes that takes as long as actually getting to the "corner store"...actually making the truck quicker to get there and back to my couch.

Get yourself a selection of tank bags so you can do grocery shopping and such (one bag's worth anyway).
A medium sized (12L?) magnetic for around town, and a larger bag (i.e....XL bag) for times when you need to carry a bit more. I would suggest the larger bag use straps, and you can leave those on.
You'd be surprised how much you use tank bags when riding daily even for small stuff. It keeps me from having to fill and empty my pockets all the time. Just toss in wallet, phone, keys...all in one place. If I decide I need milk, or a trip through the drive through... you quickly learn to pack it (don't order the soda).

If it rains in your part of the world, put a hand towel in the tank bag...comes in handy, and possibly a high-vis rain coat that you can put over your MC jacket.

My particular Busa is set up for an older man...

It has:

Helibars (slightly easier on the wrists)
Knight lowered foot pegs (knees and back)

Those don't really change the look of the bike much...even when riding (see Avatar photo), but they do make it a little more comfortable for sitting at lights or in traffic...etc.

All and all I've really enjoyed the Busa as a daily driver. I don't think I would want to be without something that had 4 wheels completely though. A low cost (insurance too) vehicle with heat/air/roof is one of the best Busa acc's I can think of.

Regards
Sean

I'll be using this as a setup reference for myself, when my time comes :)

I ride my Busa to commute to the office every day regardless of the weather, in SoFla the worst we get is rain. I find the Busa to be very comfortable in both traffic and open lanes. I use the HOV lanes where the speeds are commonly in the 80+ region and I have plenty of ass left if I choose to twist the throttle and never worry about keeping up with traffic. Also the bike is substantial enough to be seen which is important for commuting. I ride an 05 and use 87 octane and get great gas mileage. I wouldn't want to get to work any other way.:cheerleader:

???? 05 87 gas what do u call goog milage

I love my busa (speedy). When the weather is OK I ride her to work down 65 every day (30 miles one way). Whith a throttle meister she's very comfy! The rain doesn't bother me much, except it's a pain to wash a bike (IMO). I only take the car when it's cold. It was 35 when I rode to work the othe day and with cold riding gear it wa tollerable. When it's too cold to ride I just sit behind her in the garage with a beer and admire her curves...:beerchug:

Back