Limits of lean angle

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Well all, it was a great weekend to be at the Gap as Powers and Burns will attest too. It was great seeing you all.

This past weekend was the Yamaha FZ1 rally and I was over for a little mingling with friends.

Saturday morning brought beautiful skies and I was ready for a bit o fun on the hill. I made a few early morning spirited passes really getting into the feeling of time well spent on the bike.

I met a couple of Busa owners from IL, hope you guys had a great time and make it home safe.

We made a few runs together and then went down to 129 Motorcycle Pitstop for some grub. After more lie telling, it was back t the Hill for me and on to the Skyway for them.

Once back at CROT, I ran inot a couple of friends already there for the R1 Rally that starts today. Ned and Eddie are good friends I met many years ago....

We went to Wheelers to get Eddie some grips for his CBR and then back up to the CROT. Eddie is a WERA racer and an Advanced NESBA rider and we decided to make a very spirited run up the Hill late in the afternoon.

Eddie turned on his camera and fell in behind me for the trip up. We were making a great run, very little traffic and perfect conditions.

About 7 miles in on a sweeping up hill left, I entered as I would normally, hung off, knee on the ground, next thing I knew the front wheel was light as it was off the ground.

I pushed down with my knee to keep the bike up-right and plant the front tire. Some how by the grace of God I was able to save a NASTY situation.

After pulling the seat cover out of my rear on the way to the overlook, I spent some time trying to figuer out what had happened. Once atthe overlook, I checked my front peg and no scuffs, so I chalked it up to something in the road causing me to loose the front end, giving the feeling it was in the air.

Back at Fontana Village, I loaded my bike with some help and Chris noticed that I have slide a bit on my Woodcraft cover and lower cowl.

Ahhhhhh!!!! The culprit had been found. I was on stator cover and rear tire for just a millisecond in that corner.

Max lean angle for a Fatt Kidd on a Busa has been found lol.....

stator1.jpg

Great save!! Glad you kept it up
beerchug.gif

Can you raise the front any higher? How old are your fork springs? Might help the ground clearance.

Post up the VIDEO!!!!!!
super.gif

Man and I thought I had a day when I got hit by a cicada and bug s***got splattered all over my jacket...

Might wanna raise the rear an inch or so!

--Wag--

Wow... glad you pulled it out, you must have dived in the front to get that low and then pop up the front...

A fine, fine day for FKR- makes me proud to be an honorary member!
smile.gif

and i feel like one of "the privilaged few" to have suspected such a wonderful ending to this story.
biggrin.gif

nice "save" VMan!
biggrin.gif

btw...i'm having a 'lil trouble with ORen...i might need to order up a new TPS...can ya help me out?

Thanks and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

nice save bro!!!! like said above.... POST UP THE VIDEO!!!!
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Back