Lean angle ?

I think the message everyone is trying to convey here is, "get off, or you will get off".  Am I right?  
ices_rofl.gif

Way to go John, maybe someday you'll be able to keep up with me.  
jump9.gif
Screechin' Danny!

tuck in foot closer to rear set and more on the balls of the feet, get your centerline towards the side of lean. The whole point of hanging off is to approach the turn with more speed and less lean angle
+1....and get yourself to a track day/school. You won't believe what you don't know but can learn in a few hours.
exactly!! Those pics were taken at a trackday at California Speedway AMA track. I don't recommend trying that in the canyons (although I still do it anyways).

But the track is the safest place where if you do have error, you have run-off, airfence, on-site paramedics, cornerworkers, etc...[/QUOTE]
+1 too all

Ok for us big guys out there or at least the ones with big feet(14+). I just ground through the toes of my favorite riding boots after I chucked the peg feelers. I had to fabricate some stainless plates for my toes. Now I am grinding away at those. I cant physically get my feet any further back because my heels are actually rubbing on the swingarm with the balls of my feet right on the pegs. No chicken strips left on the rear. maybe 3/16" on the front?? If anyone is still running the BT56's get rid of them and put on a good set of modern rubber it will make all the difference in the world. I'm not dragging the fairing but I'm havin a blast!

Another +1

Your puck should hit long before your peg does.

Dragging hard parts is bad.

Buttcrack on the edge of the seat, looking through your rear view mirror.

Increase the preload on your busa springs. There are some tips for setting sag around here somewhere. It makes all the difference int he world.

Focus not on lean angle but smoothness.

smileyexhibit.gif

thanks for the tips , i have leathers and gear but no pucks ,yet ? ill be headin out to the spot to work on things again this week ill let you know how it turns out , will try but crack on edge of seat lookin through rearview mirror !
thanks again johnstein

Careful the first few times, you will turn-in quicker, towards the edge of the road! Caught me off guard.

thanks for the tips , i have leathers and gear but no pucks ,yet ? ill be headin out to the spot to work on things again this week ill let you know how it turns out , will try but crack on edge of seat  lookin through rearview mirror !
thanks again johnstein
####....you better get some pucks if you're seriously going out to ride like you have with your ass off the seat. I hear the knee cap tends to snag on the road.

Parts that drag first? On the right side, the lower fairing where it starts to bulge. On the left side, the engine case. If you are on a track it will happen without you even realizing it. I never noticed until a friend pointed it out to me after the first couple of sessions. The bike was very smooth. Did not feel a thing except my the toes of my boots dragging the ground. Burnt the toe slider on the left boot all the way through the fasteners and into the sole of the boot. As far as peg feelers? If you are going to the track take them off. You will hit them hard the first tight curve you go around and it will slightly upset the bike. Besides, they won't last more than a couple of laps anyway. And, KEEP THE POWER ON through the curves, ASAP after you have turned in get back on the throttle. The Busa does not have the clearance of a real track bike and you need all the clearance help you can get. IMO let the guys on track bikes experiment with the fancy braking techniques. If you are on a Busa at the track, do all your braking and get off the seat before you turn in, then steer, and get back on the throttle. Does that make sense? Seems to work good for me, though I learn something new just about every time I ride, especially on a track.

Get on a lean bike and learn where and how the correct body position is and should feel like. I tell one thing for sure it helped out a lot. I was amazed how far off the bike and how low your upper body mass needs to be. Take a hard look at the Moto GP photo's in the corner do not look at the bike but more of where the rider body is in relation to the bike. I'm small only 5'8" and I most of my upper body is below the gas tank on the busa in a hard corner.

I saw a guy (unckepunk) scrape his right side fairing (no he didn't go down) on the dragon. Now that was low.

Chris

Technically, I read [somewhere] that the average sportbike tire can hang on up to 52 degees of bank on a dry surface and 41 degrees when the pavement is wet. I'm sure that depends on a thousand factors.

Back